Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 12-18-2009, 06:35 PM   #111
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
Well because I am a decent human being who does not believe in stealing, then yes I would. It's clear as day when you walk into any phone store wether you get unlimited or not. The sale weasels try to push the unlimited on you in the first place. It's not in fine print, it's in the commercials on TV, radio, interwebs, word of mouth.

And I'm not flip flopping, I'm wanting the government to enforce the contract both parties agreed upon (if Verizon decided to honor the contract). If Verizon falsely charged the guy $21,000 and then they wanted him to pay it then I'd want the government to stay on the customers side.

This isn't a fucking democracy as some "genius" expressed. It is a Republic that operates under the rule of law. Just because $21,000 is fucking insanely high for a phone bill doesn't mean that the person is opted out for having a dumbass 13 year old kid.
It's gettin deep in here boys!
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:56 PM   #112
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
Well because I am a decent human being who does not believe in stealing, then yes I would. It's clear as day when you walk into any phone store wether you get unlimited or not. The sale weasels try to push the unlimited on you in the first place. It's not in fine print, it's in the commercials on TV, radio, interwebs, word of mouth.

And I'm not flip flopping, I'm wanting the government to enforce the contract both parties agreed upon (if Verizon decided to honor the contract). If Verizon falsely charged the guy $21,000 and then they wanted him to pay it then I'd want the government to stay on the customers side.

This isn't a fucking democracy as some "genius" expressed. It is a Republic that operates under the rule of law. Just because $21,000 is fucking insanely high for a phone bill doesn't mean that the person is opted out for having a dumbass 13 year old kid.
I gave everyone that doesn't think you're full of shit free concert tickets:
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 08:49 PM   #113
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Are you guys saying Verizon should never have billed the $21,000? What if it was some rich eccentric guy who wouldn't bat an eye over $21K? As long as there's a possibility someone might be dumb enough to pay it, why not ask for it and see what happens? It's the customer's responsibility to complain.

And if the customer complains, then yeah they should listen to them, but do you expect them to bow down to every claim that their kid was responsible, didn't know any better, etc?

You don't get anything in this life unless you ask for it. For example you can easily call up a credit card and persuade them to drop a late payment charge. But to convince someone to drop a $21,000 bill is naturally going to take more work. If you're a business you're not going to give away $21,000 without stalling a bit and doing some further investigation.

Last edited by Homeslice; 12-18-2009 at 08:56 PM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote