Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 02-11-2010, 10:13 AM   #21
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Oh I totally agree with you, they are just wasting valuable space that can be used for people to stand in while waiting for a bus, and those rope thing to keep lines more organized. Them standing there is as good as a cctv and a dude sitting in an office 500 miles away. They arnt cops, and they shouldnt be acting like they are.

-but-

if their job is to watch and report then thats what they are supposed to do
There were three of them. They could have ringed the girl and the whole thing might have been over.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:05 AM   #22
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

"Just doing my job" is not an excuse for cowardice. In fact, its not an excuse for anything.

And to the female witness they interviewed who said, "Who's going to do something?!?" Well, fuck you. I clearly saw two arms and two legs on you, but you're just as guilty as everyone else, coward.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:16 AM   #23
Kerry_129
Semi-reformed Squid

Wow.

'Not their job'? Weak sauce & NO excuse. If it were a group of thugs going at each other & they stayed out of the middle of it, that would be one thing - but for 2 grown men to just stand by and obviously not give a shit during & after a kid getting stomped badly like that?

Apathy & lack of humanity FTL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
And to the female witness they interviewed who said, "Who's going to do something?!?" Well, fuck you. I clearly saw two arms and two legs on you, but you're just as guilty as everyone else, coward.
Agreed - screw the 'someone else should do something' mentality. If you're not physically capable, at least get on your cell to 911 immediately & don't just watch.

Last edited by Kerry_129; 02-11-2010 at 11:18 AM..
Kerry_129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:20 AM   #24
HokieDNA01
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750

it said she was on a bus going through the tunnel.

2014 Honda NC700X
2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750
2000 Yamaha XT225
2004 Kawasaki EX250 (sold)
HokieDNA01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:29 AM   #25
lauralynne
667:Neighbor of the Beast

Moto: VTR1000, SV650, FZR400, CRF150

Ok - that's MY bus stop - shit you not.
I wasn't there at the time but I can say that it doesn't surprise me.
The "security guards" they're talking about are basically just there to say "don't stand where a bus can hit you" nothing more. There are police that wander through on a regular basis who are supposed to be their 'back up'.
It is horrible what happened - but not stepping in really WAS the best course of action. It really would have become a mob scene and many people could have gotten hurt - and frankly they were doing their job as instructed. Are the job guidelines being revised - let's hope it's not just talk. And let's hope there's some training that goes along with it. At the time this happened, they were NOT trained on how to intervene and I'm convinced it would have done more harm than good. And concealed carry would have been even worse - you can't see it in the video, but typically there is a HUGE crowd in the tunnel - and I am GLAD there wasn't gunfire.
I grant you they looked 'uninterested' in the video but my money would be more on "shocked" and "frozen" more than anything. I consider myself a bold and brave person but I can't say for sure that I would jump in had I been standing there. Sure - I'd like to THINK I would...but in reality? My brain would probably protect my being first.

Married my best friend 8/30/09
lauralynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:30 AM   #26
Kerry_129
Semi-reformed Squid

Sure 'nuff - didn't catch that. I guess my disgust is aimed more @ the other people walking/standing around the incident. The body-language just seems to say 'whatever, move along'.
I don't know exactly how I'd react to something like that going down around me, but I' like to think I'd do something to help, or at least show a little damn concern (I might just be a diversion & another ass to kick )!
Kerry_129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:42 AM   #27
Rider
Moto GP Star

If you wear a glow in the dark yellow vest that says security guard on it, then it is your duty to help those in need and if you don't you fail at life. Now if their policy is to not get involved, fine, then take those vests off and wear a jump suit with your name on it and call yourself a bus station attendant. As soon as you advertise to the public that you are there for security purposes, god damn it you better back that shit up. This specific situation is called a denial of responsibility and most of the people in this thread agree. If you cant protect people you have no business pretending that you can.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:54 AM   #28
lauralynne
667:Neighbor of the Beast

Moto: VTR1000, SV650, FZR400, CRF150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
If you wear a glow in the dark yellow vest that says security guard on it, then it is your duty to help those in need and if you don't you fail at life. Now if their policy is to not get involved, fine, then take those vests off and wear a jump suit with your name on it and call yourself a bus station attendant. As soon as you advertise to the public that you are there for security purposes, god damn it you better back that shit up. This specific situation is called a denial of responsibility and most of the people in this thread agree. If you cant protect people you have no business pretending that you can.
it's like mall "cops" though - you know they're lame. We know they're down there to point to the elevators and tell you where to find the bus schedule. I would NOT expect them to help me in any sort of emergency regardless of what their stupid vests says. so you would have been ok with the situation if they wore a vest that said "information man" instead? I still say that even if a bystander had jumped in, it would have gotten worse. I'm sorry one person got hurt. I'm relieved it wasn't more.

Married my best friend 8/30/09
lauralynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:58 AM   #29
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieDNA01 View Post
it said she was on a bus going through the tunnel.
I thought she was standing against the wall? My bad, just refocus my rage on every single person who walked by or saw it and did nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauralynne View Post
It is horrible what happened - but not stepping in really WAS the best course of action.
Nope, sorry, that's complete bullshit. When you see a 15 year old girl getting her face smashed in, you stop it. This is not two drunk guys outside a bar stroking their egos with the use of force, its a kid, getting her face stomped in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Agreed, these guys aren't worth the air they suck up on a daily basis. Don't give me that bullshit about how these guys weren't trained to deal with violent confrontations either. It is their PERSONAL responsibility to educate and appropriately arm themselves be it with weapons or knowledge. When you submit an application for any kind of guard then you better know how to handle yourself, if not, then you're an idiot and waste of space.

This whole "someone else protect me" thing is seriously fucked up. Its a weak mentality that speaks to and results in a lot of serious societal problems. Every man and woman has a responsibility to themselves to step up to the plate in certain situations...and that means preparing yourself. Jesus, even if its just a women's kickboxing class....DO SOMETHING YOU PUSSIES!!!
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:00 PM   #30
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauralynne View Post
it's like mall "cops" though - you know they're lame. We know they're down there to point to the elevators and tell you where to find the bus schedule. I would NOT expect them to help me in any sort of emergency regardless of what their stupid vests says. so you would have been ok with the situation if they wore a vest that said "information man" instead? I still say that even if a bystander had jumped in, it would have gotten worse. I'm sorry one person got hurt. I'm relieved it wasn't more.
Actually yes. But we go back to the policy of the security guard company though. It SHOULD have been their policy to help and maybe they should have at least armed those so called security guard with tasers and they should have tased that motherfucker until they bled from their eyes, ears and nose. As mentioned above though, now it's open season at the bus station.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote