Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 02-12-2010, 09:38 AM   #81
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtemple View Post
I find it ironic that the woman in the green shirt on the video is complaining that nobody helped. What did she do?
Details people, pay attention. The green shirt chick was on a bus at the time.

JC
Old 02-14-2010, 02:37 PM   #82
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
I thought she was standing against the wall? My bad, just refocus my rage on every single person who walked by or saw it and did nothing.

Nope, sorry, that's complete bullshit. When you see a 15 year old girl getting her face smashed in, you stop it. This is not two drunk guys outside a bar stroking their egos with the use of force, its a kid, getting her face stomped in.

Agreed, these guys aren't worth the air they suck up on a daily basis. Don't give me that bullshit about how these guys weren't trained to deal with violent confrontations either. It is their PERSONAL responsibility to educate and appropriately arm themselves be it with weapons or knowledge. When you submit an application for any kind of guard then you better know how to handle yourself, if not, then you're an idiot and waste of space.

This whole "someone else protect me" thing is seriously fucked up. Its a weak mentality that speaks to and results in a lot of serious societal problems. Every man and woman has a responsibility to themselves to step up to the plate in certain situations...and that means preparing yourself. Jesus, even if its just a women's kickboxing class....DO SOMETHING YOU PUSSIES!!!
Until they get charged with assaulting a minor, and spend 3-5 behind bars.

We have transit cops here that have full police powers. If those guys interrupted the beating, not only are they taking a chance at getting stabbed or shot, they are risking going to jail for assaulting a minor.
Old 02-14-2010, 02:50 PM   #83
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor View Post
This does bring up some valid points about ways our legal system should be changed.
A lot of states have improved their victims' rights and self defense laws, but there needs to be more protection for those who step in to render aid.
Vigilante laws?
Old 02-14-2010, 03:29 PM   #84
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_1052 View Post
Until they get charged with assaulting a minor, and spend 3-5 behind bars.

We have transit cops here that have full police powers. If those guys interrupted the beating, not only are they taking a chance at getting stabbed or shot, they are risking going to jail for assaulting a minor.
That, weighed against standing by while someone was damned near kicked to death in front of them. Has sociopathy become the norm rather than the exception these days?

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 04:00 PM   #85
lauralynne
667:Neighbor of the Beast

Moto: VTR1000, SV650, FZR400, CRF150

There's more information coming out locally - these are all teens who know each other and had been fighting - loudly - all day long. They'd been confronted by the police FOUR other times that day and we're being boisterous in the tunnel. It's not like little miss innocent was standing there minding her own business when she got roughhouse. Nor am I saying that she in any way deserved it. BUT there are things that happened before the video starts that makes it more understandable why people are moving away and not closer.
If a group of people are fighting and all of a sudden a fight breaks out - are you still going to jump in the middle? Not bloody likely.

Married my best friend 8/30/09
lauralynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 04:07 PM   #86
Carolina
Says it's time to ride

Moto: 2003 honda CBR 954/ 2011 Road King classic

thats sad, she could have killed the girl
Old 02-14-2010, 05:47 PM   #87
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauralynne View Post
There's more information coming out locally - these are all teens who know each other and had been fighting - loudly - all day long. They'd been confronted by the police FOUR other times that day and we're being boisterous in the tunnel. It's not like little miss innocent was standing there minding her own business when she got roughhouse. Nor am I saying that she in any way deserved it. BUT there are things that happened before the video starts that makes it more understandable why people are moving away and not closer.
If a group of people are fighting and all of a sudden a fight breaks out - are you still going to jump in the middle? Not bloody likely.
I heard on the radio that the girl who got the beatdown i slooking to sue now so I guess theyre damned if the do and damned if they dont.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 06:58 PM   #88
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
That, weighed against standing by while someone was damned near kicked to death in front of them. Has sociopathy become the norm rather than the exception these days?
You can thank the government for that.