Moni
Kawi FTW!!!!

Moto: 08' Kawi 250r
Default For sale

I'm selling my bike...

08' Ninja 250r Candy Plasma Blue

$4 obo.
1000 miles
Mods: SV650 handle bars, stock exaust was gutted, shortened and powder coated.

Practicing March 08 :: 100_1540.jpg picture by MONIATL - Photobucket

Email me monib18@aol.com

Pass the word please.

Last edited by dReWpY; 05-21-2009 at 02:17 PM..
Moni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 03:10 PM   #2
Rider
Moto GP Star

You may want to fix your pic link.

Wasn't that bike only $3600(MSRP) brand new?
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 03:13 PM   #3
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

We were just talking about you the other day, wondered if you'd given up riding.

I will say though, your asking price is a bit high. NEW '08's are MSRP at $3499, and right now Kawasaki is offering up to $300 off. I know you've got some mods to it, but you can't expect to recoup that money, since not everyone's gonna appreciate the same mods... (I'm just givin you a heads up, cus if you go posting it on Craigslist or something, that's the response you're going to get).

Just food for thought... good luck with the sale!
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 03:32 PM   #4
Moni
Kawi FTW!!!!

Moto: 08' Kawi 250r

I haven't given up on riding...I will be buying a 600 in a few months. As of the price I did put "obo"
Moni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 04:16 PM   #5
Curb
resident gimp

Moto: a big ole steamin pile of nothin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moni View Post
I haven't given up on riding...I will be buying a 600 in a few months. As of the price I did put "obo"
even an OBO can still turn people off if the asking price is to high. I'd start at $3200 obo...you can always tell them that you have a fish on if they try to low ball you...good luck anyways

Political correctness is killing this country
Curb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:41 PM   #6
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Personally if i see a price that is stupid, even with a obo, I won't bother, cause it usually means the seller thinks there shit is worth more than it is. Not saying this is always true, but it's how buyers think.

Don't put your drop dead price, but rather a "reasonable" price with some negotiating room to get to your drop dead price.

New is 3500. Yours is used. 3K. Mods may be worth something, so start at 3300 obo and see what you can do.

Just my 2c.

Good luck with sale, and I would like to see the SV bars on that... sounds interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:11 PM   #7
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Yea I just went with a girl to Ron Ayers and she bought an '09 for $4k OTD with an extended warranty and a helmet... I doubt a set of handlebars and some drill work to the muffler is gonna get you MSRP on a used bike. BTW I don't know where some of you are getting your numbers but the '09 lists for $3999 in the regular colors.

Oh and I can't resist but this is exactly what I've always talked about when it comes to first bikes... Someone lets their friends, a forum, etc browbeat them into a 250and they put 1000 miles on it before they get bored and want something bigger. I mean that bike is barely broke in, has the oil even been changed yet?

IMHO you'd be better off trading it in to the dealer...I'd at least see what they'll give you on a new bike before you go through the hassle of selling it yourself.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:24 PM   #8
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post

IMHO you'd be better off trading it in to the dealer...I'd at least see what they'll give you on a new bike before you go through the hassle of selling it yourself.
Why? I'll save her the trouble:

Dealer: that's a nice bike you have there. I think we can work a deal on an XYZ600RR. Let's look a the book value on your bike. (flip open blue book). Well, it looks like you bike books for $1800. If you're really lookin to get a bike today, I can knock an extra 200 off the XYZ600RR and that'll give you a $2000 downpayment on our $9500 MSRP.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 01:01 AM   #9
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Why? I'll save her the trouble:

Dealer: that's a nice bike you have there. I think we can work a deal on an XYZ600RR. Let's look a the book value on your bike. (flip open blue book). Well, it looks like you bike books for $1800. If you're really lookin to get a bike today, I can knock an extra 200 off the XYZ600RR and that'll give you a $2000 downpayment on our $9500 MSRP.
Wrong...average retail according to NADA is $2500, most dealers will give you that if you push... Hopefully, she can find some Cuban drug lord that wants to buy one for his punta...
Old 05-21-2009, 01:03 AM   #10
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moni View Post
Just in case they DON'T want to pay $500 more than you did when you bought it new....