Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 11-29-2008, 10:15 AM   #31
was92v
Nowhere Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by FT BSTRD View Post
Yup. Nice guy, but in over his head. NO GEAR didn't help much either.

Could've turned it from a bent bike and a truck ride to a bent bike, a truck ride, and an ambulance/life flight ride.

I tend to quickly develop a headache and need to not ride with the group when questionable folks show up.
That curve he blew was just barely a curve... He came back online once to say he gave up trying to repair the F3 and was looking for, or buying a liter bike. Never heard from him again. I think he might have been hurt that no one responded to his post, at all. When I read it I thought OMFG he's not going to make it.. my next thought was
"Don't encourage him with any kind of comment!" I guess everyone else had about the same idea.
was92v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 12:22 PM   #32
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by was92v View Post
That curve he blew was just barely a curve... He came back online once to say he gave up trying to repair the F3 and was looking for, or buying a liter bike. Never heard from him again. I think he might have been hurt that no one responded to his post, at all. When I read it I thought OMFG he's not going to make it.. my next thought was
"Don't encourage him with any kind of comment!" I guess everyone else had about the same idea.
Haha. Couldn't handle the power of the F3 so he's gonna step it down to a Litre bike.

Should have told him Litres are for vaginas and that real men ride Turbo Busas with a 150 shot of nitrous and a 360 rear (That way he won't fall over in the parking lot).
Old 11-29-2008, 12:57 PM   #33
PhiSig1071
Let go of my ears.

Moto: '03 GSX-R600, '04 625SMC

Yeah, I like riding sweep, I always feel obligated if I'm leading. Hell, the only big group ride I organized I rode sweep! (Remember that daytona run?) I did one small daytona run, and one ride to the 200, that I lead, but I was on a older Concours, once I was two-up.

Entia non sunt multiplicanda necessitatem
PhiSig1071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 02:11 PM   #34
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Good for you guys - it might be a public street. But, it's up to you to choose (when you can) who you ride with.

I recall one time telling a guy he couldn't ride with us. We were getting ready for a ride when a random guy came through the gas station. ZERO gear. I told him we only ride with people that are properly geared up for a ride.

He got all pissy, telling me I wasn't his mother yada yada yada. I had to stop him and explain that I didn't care about HIM - it was all for me. I didn't deserve to see his head cracked open. Not a mental image I wanted to see...

He didn't like me

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 04:24 PM   #35
t-homo
WSB Champion

I'll occasionally go on group rides. Most of the people I ride with are friends off of a local board that are pretty smart. And they show me the good roads to take.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 10:11 PM   #36
FT BSTRD
Tractor Driver

Moto: Buell XB12X Ulysses

Quote:

I thought the exact same thing, "Oh shit!" I think his thread had three posts total including his. It was like crickets.

I think he did post back up that he had found a bike. I don't think we've heard from him again.

I'm afraid his firefighter buddies had to scrape him out of the trees with a shovel.

--Erik Buell

FT BSTRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 10:16 PM   #37
FT BSTRD
Tractor Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiSig1071 View Post
Yeah, I like riding sweep, I always feel obligated if I'm leading. Hell, the only big group ride I organized I rode sweep! (Remember that daytona run?) I did one small daytona run, and one ride to the 200, that I lead, but I was on a older Concours, once I was two-up.

Was92v has ridden sweep first on EVERY group ride with a new person I've ever been on with him. He is by far the fastest and best rider in the group, but he is smart enough to wait and assess who he's riding with.

Now once the ride is under way, he'll filter up toward the front.

And occasionally flip a rotton potato on you.

--Erik Buell

Old 11-30-2008, 10:14 AM   #38
was92v
Nowhere Man

I didn't know anyone noticed that I was starting in the back..
was92v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 11:51 AM   #39
FT BSTRD
Tractor Driver

Quote:
I didn't know anyone noticed that I was starting in the back..

You'd be surprised what I notice.

--Erik Buell

Old 11-30-2008, 12:19 PM   #40
PhiSig1071
Let go of my ears.

Moto: '03 GSX-R600, '04 625SMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by FT BSTRD View Post
Was92v has ridden sweep first on EVERY group ride with a new person I've ever been on with him. He is by far the fastest and best rider in the group, but he is smart enough to wait and assess who he's riding with.

Now once the ride is under way, he'll filter up toward the front.

And occasionally flip a rotton potato on you.
Our group rides are usually a very broad range of experience. You've got guys who race, used to race or run regular trackdays and then you have riders who prefer a more sedate pace, and (because of the number of MSF Ridercoaches on our rides) usually a handful of new riders. I like running sweep because no one gets left behind that way.

Entia non sunt multiplicanda necessitatem
PhiSig1071 is offline   Reply With Quote