Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track

Old 07-29-2009, 02:48 PM   #1
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition
Default Shumacher back to F1!

The Red Baron will fly again, this time filling in at Ferrari for an injured Felipe Massa. Could be in the car for the Aug 23rd round in Valencia Spain. Does the 7 time World Champ have the potential to ride to the front after playing motorcycle racer?

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 03:00 PM   #2
Bluestreak
What?

Moto: Dirt

As much as I would LOVE to see him be a big contender, I don't think the Ferrari's have the stuff to do it this year. Red Bull and Brawn are running away with the championship this year.

Michael will probably do well. Qualifying will be a good indicator.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:11 PM   #3
smileyman
White Trash Hero

I agree, his equipment isnt class leading, so I am eager to see what he can do with absolutely nothing to lose. His racecraft and presence is enough of an advantage but when you factor how long he has sat out, will he really be invigorated, motivated, and eager enough to close the tech gap?

Arkriders.com
Old 07-29-2009, 03:24 PM   #4
Bluestreak
What?

Moto: Dirt

The real question is, how pissed off was Alonzo when he found out Shumacher was racing again!!

I wish Massa well, but I'm happy to see Shu in the seat again.

Now I'm going to have to watch the Hungry race on Tivo so I can see exactly what happened to Massa.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:23 PM   #5
goof2
AMA Supersport

And Schumacher is back out again apparently due to injuries sustained crashing a motorcycle in a race.

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/racing...ory?id=4390787
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 05:10 PM   #6
Looni2ns
Crazy Lady Rider

Moto: '05 SV650S "Baby", '00 Bandit 600S "Rita", '87 EX500 (track)

It's so disappointing. The only person who probably didn't want him back was Kimi. Now, what do you think will happen if this Luca guys actually gives Kimi a run for his $$. Oh, that'll be a hoot!
Looni2ns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 05:18 PM   #7
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Hmmmm? Makes you wonder if it is true. I know he did injure himself earlier this year on/off bike but since he did not get to participate in the last test due to a technicality he may be ducking out of a losing situation...

Arkriders.com
Old 08-11-2009, 05:23 PM   #8
Looni2ns
Crazy Lady Rider

Moto: '05 SV650S "Baby", '00 Bandit 600S "Rita", '87 EX500 (track)

Nah, it's probably his neck. Apparently, he did a real number on it and fractured vertebrae when he wrecked. It was part of the deal with his wife when he agreed to come back and ride for Massa. Besides, he has such loyalty to Ferrari that I don't think the testing situation would keep him from running.
Looni2ns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 10:25 PM   #9
Hydrant
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 2003 Suzuki TL1000R, 2002 Honda CBR 600 F4i

Schumacher cancels F1 comeback
Aug 11, 2009 - 02:00 PM

All that hype and preparation will amount to nothing. Specifically for Michael Schumacher who has canceled his F1 comeback thanks to a pain in the neck sustained after a motorcycle injury earlier in the year. A disappointed Schumacher said, “Yesterday evening, I had to inform Ferrari President Luca di Montezemolo and Team Principal Stefano Domenicali that unfortunately I'm not able to step in for Felipe. I really tried everything to make that temporary comeback possible, however, much to my regret it didn't work out. Unfortunately we did not manage to get a grip on the pain in the neck which occurred after the private F1-day in Mugello, even if medically or therapeutically we tried everything possible.”

Schumacher added, “The consequences of the injuries caused by the bike-accident in February, fractures in the area of head and neck, unfortunately have turned out to be still too severe. That is why my neck cannot stand the extreme stresses caused by Formula 1 yet. This are the clear results of the examinations we did on the course of the past two weeks and the final examination yesterday afternoon. As there were no improvements after the day in Mugello, I decided at short notice on Sunday to do that thorough examination already yesterday.

Theories will definitely rise that will say he backed out due to lack of practice in the F60. But Schumacher had been training in the F2007 and was scheduled to do more tests on Wednesday. “I am disappointed to the core. I am awfully sorry for the guys of Ferrari and for all the fans which crossed fingers for me. I can only repeat that I tried everything that was within my power. All I can do now is to keep my fingers crossed for the whole team for the coming races,” he added.

With this chapter seemingly closed, the bigger question for Ferrari is that they have lost two weeks of prep time and are back to not having a replacement for Felipe Massa. Test drivers Luca Badoer or Marc Gene -- both termed useless by former champion Niki Lauda -- are favourites for the job now.

http://www.racingpad.com/formula1-ne...s-f1-comeback/
Hydrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:40 AM   #10
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Not to discredit Schumi, i like him alot, but if it had been, say Haga, or Bayliss fighting back from injury, they woulda been out there. But Schumi has nothing to prove so pain meds, a carbon fiber neck brace, risk of permanent paralysis probably tempered his eagerness to drive agin...

Arkriders.com