Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 04-06-2009, 01:00 PM   #1
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS
Default RIP CRF88RR motor

Yep, just when you thought one vehicle taken out before it's time was bad enough in one weekend, I managed to take two out before the finish line. Heck the fiddy didn't even make it to the start of the fiddy race. I smoked the motor on some bright idea to do the gap run in the daylight before the race instead of the nighttime like we normally do it. Stupid me, should of waited til after the race...

Already starting to order parts to get her back up to snuff. Probably going to put a 1 down 3 up tranmission in it instead of the 3 up it has. It will make it one tough cookie to beat.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fiddy.JPG (41.6 KB, 42 views)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 01:07 PM   #2
Rider
Moto GP Star

Can you even get parts. I thought there was a ban on 50 parts and the sale of new 50cc bikes because the parts contain lead.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 01:08 PM   #3
Yamerhaw
Country Boy

Moto: 07 R1

i cant imagine what the THP would have to say about that, looks like hells of fun though!

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.
Yamerhaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 01:12 PM   #4
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Can you even get parts. I thought there was a ban on 50 parts and the sale of new 50cc bikes because the parts contain lead.
I think they got a stay on the ban while they appeal it. People are still selling parts.
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 04-06-2009, 01:13 PM   #5
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Exactly. He shouldn't be able to get them...but some dealers are going under the law.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 01:36 PM   #6
shmike
Follower

What parts do you need?

I have a 95cc motor that I am tired of rebuilding. It has the 1dn 3 up in it already. Beware: the chinese tranny's don't hold up too long to a 14hp motor.

If you pay for shipping I'll send you what I have and you can probably end up with a bad-assed fiddy.
shmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 01:41 PM   #7
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
What parts do you need?

I have a 95cc motor that I am tired of rebuilding. It has the 1dn 3 up in it already. Beware: the chinese tranny's don't hold up too long to a 14hp motor.

If you pay for shipping I'll send you what I have and you can probably end up with a bad-assed fiddy.
I run a honda motor and 88cc is the limit for my class, I need to take the engine apart to see what exactly I did to it. We can't run the chinese engines in this series and I don't want to bump up to the Chinese/two stroke division cause wheeler/killboy are too fuckin fast.
Quote:
Old 04-06-2009, 01:52 PM   #8
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I run a honda motor and 88cc is the limit for my class, I need to take the engine apart to see what exactly I did to it. We can't run the chinese engines in this series and I don't want to bump up to the Chinese/two stroke division cause wheeler/killboy are too fuckin fast.
Mine is a Honda motor too.

It has the 95 kit though.

I've got lots of goodies on it: BIG carb, Kitaco inner rotor, high flow oil pump, oil cooler, etc.

It was a $2500 motor when it was built.

The 1d, 3u tranny is a Chinese unit (I believe). I bought it fromt ATVguy? and it is nowhere near as sturdy as the Honda OEM stuff. Try to find a 4 speed from an ATC that will fit it.
shmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 02:01 PM   #9
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Mine is a Honda motor too.

It has the 95 kit though.

I've got lots of goodies on it: BIG carb, Kitaco inner rotor, high flow oil pump, oil cooler, etc.

It was a $2500 motor when it was built.

The 1d, 3u tranny is a Chinese unit (I believe). I bought it fromt ATVguy? and it is nowhere near as sturdy as the Honda OEM stuff. Try to find a 4 speed from an ATC that will fit it.
honda trail bikes actually has the 1 down/3 up in it's catalog now. Forget who makes it. I got the kitaco inner rotor and high flow oil pump, big carb and all sorts of other goodies. This motor was ported and polished. It ran awesome, never found an 88 that could hang with it unless the rider was better in the corners or when my gearing was sorely misjudged.
Quote:
Old 04-06-2009, 02:04 PM   #10
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
honda trail bikes actually has the 1 down/3 up in it's catalog now. Forget who makes it. I got the kitaco inner rotor and high flow oil pump, big carb and all sorts of other goodies. This motor was ported and polished. It ran awesome, never found an 88 that could hang with it unless the rider was better in the corners or when my gearing was sorely misjudged.
Does it not run at all? What was your indication that it was bad? Smoke? Noise?
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote