Moto: 2009 ZX6R

Great pics. Looks like a fun time
Old 04-26-2010, 12:42 PM   #13
anthonyk
WERA White Plate

Moto: '01 Aprilia Falco

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
You know the fast racers dont hang their bodies to far out there. Seems to me the GP and WSBK boys stay pretty tucked, over the tank, and just slightly off to the side.
At 60+ degrees of lean, there ain't much room to hang out there very far.
anthonyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 12:43 PM   #14
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

In the 1st and 2nd pics you are hanging off plenty......A full one cheek off. Only posers hang both cheeks off......It's usually the guys who are trying to drag elbow in order to score a "sweet" track photo.......Then when they pull themselves back up onto the bike they upset it and highside.

Last edited by Homeslice; 04-26-2010 at 12:46 PM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:23 PM   #15
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
Dont' paint it, looks great as is. Plus the asphalt gods will become jealous and want to scuff it.

You know the fast racers dont hang their bodies to far out there. Seems to me the GP and WSBK boys stay pretty tucked, over the tank, and just slightly off to the side.
You can see where I started to paint it. I haven't finished the tail or upper. But just looking at the gray/white combo on the lower/middle, I can't wait to finish it!

That track's in Pahrump, NV...Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch. My 4th track day on that track, I've done eight days now, this one was my best to date!

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:28 PM   #16
DLIT
Clit Commander

Oh, and here's what I learned...

You see what their outside foot is doing? That's all it took. I got it to be consistent after 3-4 sessions. A lot of guys ride around with their toes on the pegs all day. Putting the peg up against your heel reduces the fatigue on your feet and legs. And it gave me a sense of stability through the corners for some reason. I was entering and exiting with noticeably more speed than I ever have. I was hitting the apex of turn 3 at 50mph (not important if you haven't been there). They say smooth is fast. All these years I thought I was being smooth, I wasn't...until Saturday.

Old 04-26-2010, 11:53 PM   #17
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

you can put a lot more pressure on that outside peg by moving your foot forward to, which can translate to more grip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:57 PM   #18
DLIT
Clit Commander

It's a little difficult to learn...for me anyways. I would be braking for a right but moving both my feet up when it should only be my left. Maybe I was just thinking about it too much, as well as doing all the other things that happen right before a corner.

Old 04-26-2010, 11:59 PM   #19
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
It's a little difficult to learn...for me anyways. I would be braking for a right but moving both my feet up when it should only be my left. Maybe I was just thinking about it too much, as well as doing all the other things that happen right before a corner.
Kyle took a Ed Bargy racing school a few years ago and he was told to put pressure on that outside peg. I have tried to work with it and notice a difference, but it definitely takes a lot to get comfortable doing. Don't really need to anymore now that I am without sportbike.

Keep up the good work, betcha that bike is a blast with all those suspension goodies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:07 AM   #20
DLIT
Clit Commander

I was trying that too. I would do it but wasn't really sure about what difference it was making. They say it's good to weight the outside to help flick the bike up faster. Maybe I wasn't doing it right, or too busy trying to make the new foot position feel more natural.

I really need to invest in a school though. A proper racing school.