Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track

Old 06-03-2008, 11:58 PM   #21
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

well I am with Azzoom though... it ULTAMATELY was your choice to run the bike in a not 100% track ready state... you gambled and lost.

I'd be pissed too about the fuckups with the company.... but that's all you can blame on them... ya know?

it's kind of like going to subway for a healthy lunch and them being closed... so you gotta go to McD's... and being pissed at Subway for you gain'n weight.

all Azzoom is saying is be adult and own up to your mistakes instead of passing them off.

sucks that you went down... I'd be pissed as well... actually when my bike fell over due to a flat I WAS insanely pissed... but it was my choice to ride with a plugged tire, so I can't get pissed at the shop for not having my new tire in to change.

hope you get your 2wheel situation sorted out quick and get back riding quick though!
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 12:01 AM   #22
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

The motherfucker was excited to do a fucking track day, leave the man alone.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 12:23 AM   #23
PiZdETS
⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

Moto: ⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

That sucks man, build her back up stronger, faster, awesomer!
Old 06-04-2008, 01:06 AM   #24
r!der
snowboarder

Moto: 05 GSXR 600

Damn that sucks, but any time you can walk away from a crash you should be thankful. If anything, try to learn from the experience. What went wrong, what could you have done differently, etc... Going down sucks period, but atleast make good use of the situation and try to learn from it.

Have the frame measured, if it's straight, turn it into a mean track bike that you won't have to worry about baby-ing all the time....and ride the piss out of it. Just make sure everything is straight and safe before you dump money into it.

My bikes been thru some rough days too. The tanks been painted 3 different colors. (yes I suck )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1-19-08e.jpg (232.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PHASES.jpg (494.9 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by r!der; 06-04-2008 at 01:31 AM..
r!der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 05:44 AM   #25
dubbs
Multistrada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
well I am with Azzoom though... it ULTAMATELY was your choice to run the bike in a not 100% track ready state... you gambled and lost.

I'd be pissed too about the fuckups with the company.... but that's all you can blame on them... ya know?

it's kind of like going to subway for a healthy lunch and them being closed... so you gotta go to McD's... and being pissed at Subway for you gain'n weight.

all Azzoom is saying is be adult and own up to your mistakes instead of passing them off.

sucks that you went down... I'd be pissed as well... actually when my bike fell over due to a flat I WAS insanely pissed... but it was my choice to ride with a plugged tire, so I can't get pissed at the shop for not having my new tire in to change.

hope you get your 2wheel situation sorted out quick and get back riding quick though!
Like I've already tried to explain.. I tried NOT to gamble by ordering the parts waaay in advance. They kept sending the wrong parts.. It took 2 months to get that coolant bottle. And I STILL don't have the right spacers for them..

I guess I'm crazy..
Daily Driver - 2011 Toyota Prius - Black
Beater - 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid - Dust Colored
dubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 05:51 AM   #26
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

bro your missing our point. yes... R&G fucked up... it's shit that they didn't get the sliders to you in time... but it's not their fault your bike's fucked up.

but what's done is done... glad your ok... hopefully you'll still feel ok in the next couple of days... (sprains, strains, and bruses have a way of hiding them selves for a day or so)

I'll tell ya right now though... if you go OEM... the side fairings are gonna cost $240 each... and the front will be closer to $350...
Old 06-04-2008, 05:53 AM   #27
dubbs
Multistrada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
bro your missing our point. yes... R&G fucked up... it's shit that they didn't get the sliders to you in time... but it's not their fault your bike's fucked up.

but what's done is done... glad your ok... hopefully you'll still feel ok in the next couple of days... (sprains, strains, and bruses have a way of hiding them selves for a day or so)

I'll tell ya right now though... if you go OEM... the side fairings are gonna cost $240 each... and the front will be closer to $350...
Whatever.. don't really care anymore at this point..

Yeah, my ankle def has a prob.. It makes nice cracking sounds when I try to hobble around.. I will be seeing a doc soon.

Other then that I'm just sore from the asphalt surfing I was doing..
Old 06-04-2008, 06:03 AM   #28
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

hopefully it's nothing... my right ankle has snaped and popped ever since I rolled it horibly in HS... but never gives me issues...

good luck though
Old 06-04-2008, 08:52 AM   #29
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Shit happens, mang.

How did your gear hold up? And what were you wearing?

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 11:42 AM   #30
dubbs
Multistrada

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Shit happens, mang.

How did your gear hold up? And what were you wearing?
Gear faired really well.. Icon jacket, teknic chicane pants, icon gloves, a* boots..

No scratches or bruises on me.. Helmet and gloves never touched.. Boots, pants, and jacket have a few scrapes on em but really no damage.. I'll get pics soon.