Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 04:37 PM   #11
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

This brings back a memory. I was riding psychochild's rebel 250 through the gap and caught up to a gixxer 1000. He was a corner noob from florida and saw me behind him. He would gun it on the straights and I would about plow into him in the corners. I eventually got around him. He was not a happy camper about it. This brings up another point. As long as someone knows they are a straight line queen and gets out of the way for the faster rider, that is fine. People who straight line queen and will try to block on corners piss me off, especially since I don't race in any series and all my riding is for fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 10-17-2008, 05:07 PM   #12
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
This brings back a memory. I was riding psychochild's rebel 250 through the gap and caught up to a gixxer 1000. He was a corner noob from florida and saw me behind him. He would gun it on the straights and I would about plow into him in the corners. I eventually got around him. He was not a happy camper about it. This brings up another point. As long as someone knows they are a straight line queen and gets out of the way for the faster rider, that is fine. People who straight line queen and will try to block on corners piss me off, especially since I don't race in any series and all my riding is for fun.

I think we mostly agree Trip. This whole thread is a fail,because it is putting down a rider who is just at a track day on his 1000. For all we know,he may have been on his first lap at that venue. He may be on street tires and the guy behind was on race tires. I might have been his first time on that bike. He may have been doing set-up laps. Maybe,he was one of the many boneheads that sign themselves in as "advanced" after their 3rd track day. Who knows?

Quite frankly,guys who think they are in a race during a track day is one of the many reasons I quit doing them. Assholes on 600s stuffing me in corners just to prove they could pass a liter bike always made me wanna go Aaron Yates on a motherfucker! Especially,after I had gotten taken out a couple times!!!
Old 10-17-2008, 05:11 PM   #13
Shift
Just a Noob

Moto: 08 Green 6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post

Quite frankly,guys who think they are in a race during a track day is one of the many reasons I quit doing them. Assholes on 600s stuffing me in corners just to prove they could pass a liter bike always made me wanna go Aaron Yates on a motherfucker! Especially,after I had gotten taken out a couple times!!!
Pulled the vid from another forum, guy that posted it said he tried to talk to the rider after that session but the guy said "dont need any help, dont want any help, I can figure it out on my own." Guy had a big ass ego for his skills what do you want me to say?

Last edited by Shift; 10-17-2008 at 05:22 PM..
Old 10-17-2008, 05:24 PM   #14
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Damn wassit take to make a Tigger worthy thread these days?? BTW sorry bout your last track day, my club doesn't allow inside passes on track days cept in the expert group.

I wasn't knockin the dude and I don't get rude with track newbies...

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
Old 10-17-2008, 05:47 PM   #15
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
ditto! Egos get in the way alot it seems...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I think we mostly agree Trip. This whole thread is a fail,because it is putting down a rider who is just at a track day on his 1000. For all we know,he may have been on his first lap at that venue. He may be on street tires and the guy behind was on race tires. I might have been his first time on that bike. He may have been doing set-up laps. Maybe,he was one of the many boneheads that sign themselves in as "advanced" after their 3rd track day. Who knows?

And um, rubbins racing, if you cant take the heat, get outta the oven!!

Our track days allow passing in straights in novice, all passing but at least 6 inch space in intermediate, and expert/racing is no holds barred, you keep up, get rubbed or get outta the way!

Typically we all know each other on track days, but well, you take the good with the bad...i've been buzzed so many times and stuffed by ignorant asses and incosiderate riders, it just reminds me to get that much better so all they see is my tailpipe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post

and ditto again!
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:08 PM   #16
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Call me when you get good Chi

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
Old 10-17-2008, 06:36 PM   #17
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post
Pulled the vid from another forum, guy that posted it said he tried to talk to the rider after that session but the guy said "dont need any help, dont want any help, I can figure it out on my own." Guy had a big ass ego for his skills what do you want me to say?
Well then he is a douche and deserves to be made fun of, I am always open to advice no matter who it comes from.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 10-17-2008, 07:07 PM   #18
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
Damn wassit take to make a Tigger worthy thread these days?? BTW sorry bout your last track day, my club doesn't allow inside passes on track days cept in the expert group.

Cool! I never went above intermediate and didn't plan to. After two really bad get offs,I decided that I would take my chances on the street.
Old 10-17-2008, 07:21 PM   #19
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
ditto! Egos get in the way alot it seems...

Our track days allow passing in straights in novice, all passing but at least 6 inch space in intermediate, and expert/racing is no holds barred, you keep up, get rubbed or get outta the way!

Typically we all know each other on track days, but well, you take the good with the bad...i've been buzzed so many times and stuffed by ignorant asses and incosiderate riders, it just reminds me to get that much better so all they see is my tailpipe!
"rubbing is racing",uh huh,maybe,but again this isn't a race,is it? Whatever,when you spend over three months in the hospital over a track day,come back and let me know how fucking great that oven was! Like I said,I only went as high as intermediate and was still taken out. I doubt that CEO was riding above intermediate when he was taken out. To each their own. I wasn't commenting on your "sacred track days",yeesh.

Quote:
Well then he is a douche and deserves to be made fun of, I am always open to advice no matter who it comes from.
Agreed.
Old 10-17-2008, 07:50 PM   #20
r!der
snowboarder

Moto: 05 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
LOL Are we talking about racing here or track days?

Because I don't see how you would compare track days to racing. Haven't you heard it enough during riders meetings? It's NOT a RACE and there's no trophies at the end of the day.

I'm pretty sure you mean 6 FEET and not 6 inches in regards to the passing rule too. Not sure what things are like over where you are, but track orgs here wouldnt tolerate aggressive riding (in e.g. rubbin & stuffin LOL) during a TRACK DAY.