Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track

Old 06-28-2009, 09:57 PM   #1
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB
Default Haga out for three months.

Handed the season to spies.

Haga is one of my favourite racers, and just when its all going for him, boom, bad luck again.

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2009/Jun/090628d.htm
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 09:59 PM   #2
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

dude that sucks, i was wanting to see the battle to the end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 10:13 PM   #3
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Handed the season to spies.

Haga is one of my favourite racers, and just when its all going for him, boom, bad luck again.

It's a little early for this kind of rumor mongering especially considering the fact that the article first states that Haga has a fractured vert. and then turns around and says that a scan shows that he doesn't. In any case, they guessed a month- 3 months but it wouldn't surprise me if he tried to race the next round in Brno next month.

http://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/late...-for-haga.html

In any case, barring anymore Yamaha gremlins, Spies should be able to take advantage of this situation and possibly be the first person to ever win the WSBK championship in his rookie season!!!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 10:16 PM   #4
Apoc

no, theres another article on the soup. Apparently his wrist is badly broken, and his collar bone too. nSays docs figure three months, and the spinal injury is an old injury thats been bothered a bit.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:28 PM   #5
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
no, theres another article on the soup. Apparently his wrist is badly broken, and his collar bone too. nSays docs figure three months, and the spinal injury is an old injury thats been bothered a bit.
Really, let's see Tardozzi said that he wasn't getting the x-rays until Monday... The next round is almost a month away. It wouldn't be the first time someone raced with a broken bone my friend. We'll see but with something this important on the line he might tough it out for Brno, pick up some points and then try to be ready for Nurburgring in September. Don't give up on him yet!
Old 06-28-2009, 10:44 PM   #6
Apoc

I guess the wrist is broken. Find out tomorrow for sure.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:53 PM   #7
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:

I guess the wrist is broken. Find out tomorrow for sure.

Still don't give up just yet. If Haga can salvage some points in Brno and not have to miss both races, he still has a good chance with 4 rounds left after that. Considering that there is almost a month in between all of the next rounds, he has lots of time to heal and get stronger. Besides, with the way it's been going for Spies, it's not a done deal yet for sure!!!
Old 06-28-2009, 10:57 PM   #8
Apoc

fuck, i hope Haga wins it. I really want him to. But I imagine spies will slow down a bit to keep it on two wheels if haga does end up out for 2+ months, to take back some points.

We just gotta hope his techs mess up badly, and haga does have a nice cushion. But it was eaten away at a little in the second race already.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:14 PM   #9
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
fuck, i hope Haga wins it. I really want him to. But I imagine spies will slow down a bit to keep it on two wheels if haga does end up out for 2+ months, to take back some points.

We just gotta hope his techs mess up badly, and haga does have a nice cushion. But it was eaten away at a little in the second race already.
Yea if he has to miss two rounds/ four races, that's 100 points. Even if Spies totally blows it, Fabrizio will take it away! Basically, if it weren't for Spies and Fabrizio, Haga could miss 5 races and retain the lead. If it wasn't for Spies, he could miss 2 races and stay ahead. We'll see what happens but I am almost willing to bet you that if it is at all possible, Haga will be on a bike at Brno!
Old 06-29-2009, 01:09 AM   #10
t-homo
WSB Champion

His wreck looked pretty bad today. He was also injured going into it, correct?
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote