Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track

Old 07-02-2009, 01:59 AM   #71
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
He was interesting to watch back then, he was either win it or bin it and did somce sick passes, didnt always work out for him though. Bad part was a few times he took out other riders in the process.

Tom

True! I think they all go through a little of that though... I remember some questionable Rossi passes in the past. Heck, there was this wet race back when he was a rookie in the big show, where he must have crashed at least 3 times!!!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 02:25 AM   #72
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
You Spies fans seem to forget that 3 of the races spies put himself out of. It wasnt Yamaha's fault, and he had a couple of unexpected horrible finishes. If he keeps taking himself out of it, he's working against himself. If Haga makes it to brno, Spies still has to keep it on two wheels to beat Haga (and Haga to beat spies, because lets face it, he's no stranger to road rash).

Itll be an interesting rest of a season. I hope Haga heals quick. I'd like to see biaggi win more consistently too. I wish he'd get a better ride or find a way back to motogp. Rossis' teamate
I don't think anybody is blind to the fact he took himself out a few times. How could anybody miss the one where he cartwheeled the bike over the barrier?!

Crashes aside, you can't deny technical issues have added 2 or 3 occurances of 0 point finishes to his season, doubling any damage he's done on his own. One incident turned 25 points into 0 at the final turn. Spies fan or not, that's significant.
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 02:25 AM   #73
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
True! I think they all go through a little of that though... I remember some questionable Rossi passes in the past. Heck, there was this wet race back when he was a rookie in the big show, where he must have crashed at least 3 times!!!
But its a case of who becomes a better rider from it. haga is on top of his game but then look at Xaus he used to crash all the time too but hes been a mid pack rider at best for a while now.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:06 AM   #74
zer0t
Kneedragger

Moto: 2003 FLSTCI 2008 KTM RC8

this sux, I like Haga as a former ducati owner. I do cheer Spies as an American favorite, but with Haga out it diminishes the competitiveness.
zer0t is offline   Reply With Quote