Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Sports Bar

Old 02-02-2009, 11:03 AM   #61
6doublefive321
Resident Droog

Moto: 625 SMC, '08 Tuono R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
Fucking lame.....

When they needed them the most..... the defense let the Cards down.

And if it wasnt for exemplary play in the second... Warner forcing that ball on FIRST AND FUCKING GOAL with 16 seconds left in the first. A veteran should not make that mistake.

I hate fucking pittsburgh....
That's what Warner does. Puts up video game numbers, but can't pull the trigger when it counts.

On the other side of the field, Roethlisberger showed how to manage a game winning drive. I thought it was great that in the biggest game of the year, the offense finally bailed out the defense.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:53 PM   #62
Rsv1000R
WERA White Plate

I don't know, I think the ref's blew the game at the end, Warner didn't fumble the ball, it should have been called an incomplete.
Rsv1000R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 02:27 PM   #63
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsv1000R View Post
I don't know, I think the ref's blew the game at the end, Warner didn't fumble the ball, it should have been called an incomplete.
I agree. I wanted Pitt to win...but that was a BLOWN call. Terrible game from the Refs.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 03:07 PM   #64
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I agree. I wanted Pitt to win...but that was a BLOWN call. Terrible game from the Refs.
yup... that call was bs...

but the cardnals had their chance... all they had to do was keep the steelers from going 70 or so yards in 1:30 or so...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:30 PM   #65
Rsv1000R
WERA White Plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
yup... that call was bs...

but the cardnals had their chance... all they had to do was keep the steelers from going 70 or so yards in 1:30 or so...
True, But it only took the card's about 30 sec to take the lead, and they had that much time left, and decent field position. It sucks that a bad call determined the outcome of the game.
Rsv1000R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:35 PM   #66
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
True, But it only took the card's about 30 sec to take the lead, and they had that much time left, and decent field position. It sucks that a bad call determined the outcome of the game.
true... but they did that once... had they been doing that all game long it wouldn't have been a close game...

the D didn't even need to stop them... just force a field goal... even if they made it, it'd have been tied and forced OT... where the Cards would have momentum...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:44 PM   #67
6doublefive321
Resident Droog

Quote:
Call me homer if you must, but that WAS a fumble. In order to be an incomplete pass, the QB must have FULL AND COMPLETE control of the ball during the forward motion. This was a classic example of the "empty hand". Warner had no control over the ball when the arm came forward, thus the ruling of a fumble. Correct call.
Terrible perception, however. According to all sources, the replay official looked at the replay, upheld the call of fumble, thus no review on the field. Even though the play was looked at in the booth, us poor saps didn't know it, so it looked like it was ignored. NFL better do something with the perception of the officials, which is piss poor at this point.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:01 AM   #68
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6doublefive321 View Post
Call me homer if you must, but that WAS a fumble. In order to be an incomplete pass, the QB must have FULL AND COMPLETE control of the ball during the forward motion. This was a classic example of the "empty hand". Warner had no control over the ball when the arm came forward, thus the ruling of a fumble. Correct call.
Terrible perception, however. According to all sources, the replay official looked at the replay, upheld the call of fumble, thus no review on the field. Even though the play was looked at in the booth, us poor saps didn't know it, so it looked like it was ignored. NFL better do something with the perception of the officials, which is piss poor at this point.
That particular play looked more like a pass then the one they called a pass earlier in the game.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:21 PM   #69
6doublefive321
Resident Droog

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
That particular play looked more like a pass then the one they called a pass earlier in the game.
Eh, I think they got both calls right. First one, ball in hand, arm going forward, pass. Second one, ball touching wrist, arm going forward, fumble. Don't think it really mattered, but it was a hell of a game nonetheless.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:32 PM   #70
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6doublefive321 View Post
Eh, I think they got both calls right. First one, ball in hand, arm going forward, pass. Second one, ball touching wrist, arm going forward, fumble. Don't think it really mattered, but it was a hell of a game nonetheless.
Agree.

Quote: