Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-15-2008, 06:54 PM   #31
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
Sounds Interesting...So you deal with Pissed Off assholes mostly??
Hmmmm, yeah at least 50% of the time.

That, and contractors who just don't know what the fuck they're doing....
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 04:26 PM   #32
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Tourettes maybe?
Seriously, I actually contemplated that.

Either way, I didn't call him back, and he hasn't called me again either
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 04:57 PM   #33
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

I have to deal with a lot of irate customers when I answer the phone at my second job. If I'm already having a bad day I just hang up on them, as I know when I can keep my cool and when I can't. But if I'm forced to listen to someone gripe I let them wind down and then tell them "Sir/ma'am, I've heard you out and I understand you're upset. However, whatever point you intended to make has been totally eclipsed by your rudeness and inability to act in a reasonable manner. Now, without all the awearing and raising of voices, state your problem simply and I'll try to help you. Otherwise, I'm not going to listen to abuse with no purpose. Would you care to repeat yourself?" They never do.

There's no call to get shitty with someone over something small. All you do is diminish yourself.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:14 PM   #34
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorok View Post
I have to deal with a lot of irate customers when I answer the phone at my second job. If I'm already having a bad day I just hang up on them, as I know when I can keep my cool and when I can't. But if I'm forced to listen to someone gripe I let them wind down and then tell them "Sir/ma'am, I've heard you out and I understand you're upset. However, whatever point you intended to make has been totally eclipsed by your rudeness and inability to act in a reasonable manner. Now, without all the awearing and raising of voices, state your problem simply and I'll try to help you. Otherwise, I'm not going to listen to abuse with no purpose. Would you care to repeat yourself?" They never do.

There's no call to get shitty with someone over something small. All you do is diminish yourself.

That's the military in us talking.. that whole professionalism thing. The downside is.. I only *wish* I could make civilians drop and push until I get tired.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 06:17 PM   #35
iDesmo
Got Mud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorok View Post

The lack luster to staying calm can sometimes come off as a sign of being weak. There's a new generation of hot heads out there, they think they rule the world.

It's becoming more difficult staying cool.

Large calibre.

neebelung,

If you still have the message on voicemail, record it. Call back the main number and leave it on as many extension as possible thoughout that person's business. They'll recognise his voice obviously.

.....................Try recording the entire take with your name and leave a message with the beep thing. LOL.

Can't find a smilies to go with this post. Sorry.

iDesmo
iDesmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 06:19 PM   #36
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDesmo View Post
The lack luster to staying calm can sometimes come off as a sign of being weak. There's a new generation of hot heads out there, they think they rule the world.

Large calibre.

neebelung,

If you still have the message on voicemail, record it. Call back the main number and leave it on as many extension as possible thoughout that person's business. They'll recognise his voice obviously.

.....................Try recording the entire take with your name and leave a message with the beep thing. LOL.

iDesmo
vindictive...

I like it

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 06:24 PM   #37
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

I'm NOT customer service so I don't have to listen to that shit anymore. You cuss at me just once & I give you one warning. Do it again & I hang up. The end.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 06:30 PM   #38
iDesmo
Got Mud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
I'm NOT customer service so I don't have to listen to that shit anymore. You cuss at me just once & I give you one warning. Do it again & I hang up. The end.
Not last night.
iDesmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 06:34 PM   #39
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 03:09 PM   #40
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Well, at times I deal with someone in person who gets an attitude. It's hard to hang up on someone when they're standing in front of you. I wait 'til they're done, then calmly inform them that I'm a nine year military professional doing this as a second job, and six dollars isn't enough money for me to take their shit. I inform them that they can adjust their tone or leave the store. If necessary I offer the third option where they can be helped out of the store. Nobody's taken me up on it yet, but I keep hoping. The bottom line is that once you start yelling, communication has ceased. The guy might not be paying attention to me, but if I lose my cool I'm not going to be as aware of what's going on, and I might need to clearly recall the details later in court, so I try to stay calm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDesmo View Post

Large calibre.

neebelung,

iDesmo