Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Aftermarket Modding

Old 03-22-2008, 11:03 PM   #51
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Keep working on that macro buddy. You're not even close.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 11:06 PM   #52
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 11:08 PM   #53
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
I did.... those were the best ones.
oh....

Quote:
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 11:09 PM   #54
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

I call it like I see it, kid.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 12:59 AM   #55
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Quote:
Why don't you relax on the fucking wiseguy comments in every thread. I've heard enough. You trashing everyone's ride is getting pretty fucking old.
Gonna have to say

Didn't vabs just buy Gino's gixxer and have it delivered, and hasn't even ridden it yet? And wants to talk shit about my bike, etc? Turd!!! That's just silly!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
till you do... just take multiple photos of the same thing... one is bound to turn out better
seriously I do that too... recently it's sometimes hard to tell on the LCD if the pic is ok or slightly blurry.... so I take like 5 in a row and hope my hands were steady for one of them.
Quote:
I call it like I see it, kid.
I like that.
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 04:29 PM   #56
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Reached a stopping point today... Nothing else could be accomplished with my bike in it's current state, so now I wait for parts to come in...

Rotated the engine down to remove the headers... it wasn't has hard as I thought it would be... it was actually pretty easy and straightforward...

Took off the header... How tight are those nuts supposed to be anyway? Cause they came off REAL easy... less than 1/4 turn then they came off the rest of the way with my fingers...

That was really it for today... I took off a few other small parts for powdercoating, but now I just have to wait... I also made the decision to bite the bullet and take off my engine covers for powder coating as well... I don't have the bike positioned correctly to drain the fluids so that'll wait as well...
Old 03-23-2008, 04:34 PM   #57
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

you could always take off that other frame puck... so did you buy replacement ones or you gonna just rock the no puck look?
Old 03-23-2008, 04:36 PM   #58
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
you could always take off that other frame puck... so did you buy replacement ones or you gonna just rock the no puck look?
After how well that thing saved my shit, I'm a firm believer that anyone who owns a Buell XB without frame pucks is a fucking retard.

Despite how retarded I am, I am going to rock pucks. I have the new ones... I'm thinkin' takin' off that other frame puck and putting the new ones on might be LAST thing I do... Seriously, it was that much of a pain in the ass.
Old 03-23-2008, 04:41 PM   #59
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
After how well that thing saved my shit, I'm a firm believer that anyone who owns a Buell XB without frame pucks is a fucking retard.

Despite how retarded I am, I am going to rock pucks. I have the new ones... I'm thinkin' takin' off that other frame puck and putting the new ones on might be LAST thing I do... Seriously, it was that much of a pain in the ass.
yeah I really didn't think you were gonna leave it bare frame...

even with the heat gun it was that hard? damn... if you think about it... get some goo-gone and once the outer part is off... soak the SHIT out of the Styrofoam and it should help. it'll also clean up that area where your other puck was.

just be sure to use some brake clean or something to remove all the residue before you put the new pucks on... or you'll not get good adhesion

Edit: I just noticed... your bike didn't come with the pucks? I thought they were standard! damn
Old 03-23-2008, 04:49 PM   #60
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
yeah I really didn't think you were gonna leave it bare frame...

even with the heat gun it was that hard? damn... if you think about it... get some goo-gone and once the outer part is off... soak the SHIT out of the Styrofoam and it should help. it'll also clean up that area where your other puck was.

just be sure to use some brake clean or something to remove all the residue before you put the new pucks on... or you'll not get good adhesion
It's not the styrofoam that's the problem, it's the double sided tape that sticks that shit to the frame... it's serious stuff.

I have Goof Off which I was planning on using to clean that up... The pucks also come with a two stage kit of some shit to prep the area...