Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Mechanical or Tech

Old 06-04-2009, 12:29 AM   #91
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

I'd do the Doug thing too, but it sounds like you want to take it to the dealer which surely will cost more. Don't get paralyzed a decision is better than no decision.
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:55 PM   #92
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by tached1000rr View Post
I'd do the Doug thing too, but it sounds like you want to take it to the dealer which surely will cost more. Don't get paralyzed a decision is better than no decision.
I didnt necessarily want to take it to a dealer, I wanted to fix it myself. The thing is, I have no problem fixing a problem, but I hate troubleshooting things to find the problem. So after I tried to find the problem for a few days I finally got pissed and just said fuck it and called the dealer. I had already made the plans to get it there before I found out about the guy at mph so I just said what the hell and took it to the dealer. If I end up with any other issues that I cant figure out it will definitely be going to mph.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 07:35 AM   #93
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

It will be interesting to see what the problem was. Keep us posted
Old 06-05-2009, 11:34 PM   #94
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Quote:
It will be interesting to see what the problem was. Keep us posted
Will do. Im hoping to hear something tomorrow but we'll see what happens.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:25 PM   #95
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

UPDATE: Just heard from the dealer this morning, and now I get to spend a bunch of money. Turns out the little spark my buddy said he say wasnt nearly enough to fire the bike. They said one of the four coils is toast and of course theyre only sold as a package deal for all 4 for my bike. Parts are over 200, then over 150 for them diagnosing it and installing the new parts. Yay...
Old 06-08-2009, 10:28 PM   #96
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoYZF View Post
UPDATE: Just heard from the dealer this morning, and now I get to spend a bunch of money. Turns out the little spark my buddy said he say wasnt nearly enough to fire the bike. They said one of the four coils is toast and of course theyre only sold as a package deal for all 4 for my bike. Parts are over 200, then over 150 for them diagnosing it and installing the new parts. Yay...
Well ouch! Hopefully the ride home from the dealership will erase the trauma of the repair bill. (cough-ass raping)
Old 06-08-2009, 10:33 PM   #97
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Quote:
Well ouch! Hopefully the ride home from the dealership will erase the trauma of the repair bill. (cough-ass raping)
Yeah, Im dying for the ride home. Its been too long already and I wont have it back til this weekend or early next week. Nothing like getting to pay a ton of money to not get to ride for a while [/sarcasm]
Old 06-08-2009, 10:47 PM   #98
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoYZF View Post
Yeah, Im dying for the ride home. Its been too long already and I wont have it back til this weekend or early next week. Nothing like getting to pay a ton of money to not get to ride for a while [/sarcasm]
to be honest, there are more expensive things that it could have been... but I don't get why they can't get you just 1 coil from another "junk" bike or something...

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:03 PM   #99
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
to be honest, there are more expensive things that it could have been... but I don't get why they can't get you just 1 coil from another "junk" bike or something...
Cause it's the dealership, their process of repair, usually is replace all components in a system that could be causing said problem, vs only replacing the one known problem once found.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:42 PM   #100
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
Yea it definitely could have been a lot worse

Quote:
Cause it's the dealership, their process of repair, usually is replace all components in a system that could be causing said problem, vs only replacing the one known problem once found.
Pretty much. He started on with the stuff about not knowing if used electrical parts like that would last or if theyd just crap out after a week too.