Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 03-27-2008, 06:24 AM   #41
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
I carry a Shiny 44magnum Revolver with me whenever I ride great distances. I'd be willing to play "My gun is bigger than your gun" with him. Crazy fucks.

I rarely lane split and if I do it's usually 3-4 cars to catch up with my group.

I will say I am split with lane splitting(Good one huh?). Part of me wants it because hell I'm on a bike and that woudl rule. The other part of me thinks "What if I'm in a nice car like a Mercedes, Ferrari, or even a nice truck" and some punk kid with a $1000 bike is coming within a few inches of my $100,000+ car.
now that's a good point! Lane splitting would never go in Mi,heck when there is construction on the highway and you can get thru with you bike. Assholes see you coming and actually run their cars way over to one side just so you can't pass them! Haters! On the other hand,I'm certain that it would be just fine here in the great state of North Carolina considering how regularly people get out of your way just going down the road.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 11:01 AM   #42
fnfalman
Europhile

Moto: Aprilia RS125, Aprilia SR50 Factory, Aprilia Tuono, BMW Rockster, KTM 990 Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
The other part of me thinks "What if I'm in a nice car like a Mercedes, Ferrari, or even a nice truck" and some punk kid with a $1000 bike is coming within a few inches of my $100,000+ car.
We split pass those fancy boys when they're stuck in traffic around Santa Monica Beach going to and from Malibu (the Santa Monica Mountains twisties) all the times. Give'em a little blip of throttles and flirt with their bitches.

"Hey, your Italian stallion is stuck in traffic and my Italian stallion isn't. Haha!"

fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 12:57 PM   #43
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
Carry the shit in the hip holster on your left side. Sure, shooting lefthanded is kinda tough unless you're a leftie, but it's pointblank range, so it's all good.
I'm a lefty.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 01:03 PM   #44
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
now that's a good point! Lane splitting would never go in Mi,heck when there is construction on the highway and you can get thru with you bike. Assholes see you coming and actually run their cars way over to one side just so you can't pass them! Haters! On the other hand,I'm certain that it would be just fine here in the great state of North Carolina considering how regularly people get out of your way just going down the road.
When did you move to NC? I thought you were in Meeechigan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 01:11 PM   #45
m0n1
Street Stunter

Moto: 07 R1

here is something i found at http://laneshare.org/ca.htm

The generally “understood” guidelines seem to be:

Travel no faster than 10 mph faster than the vehicles you’re lane-sharing with.
Merge back in with the traffic when they reach 30-35 mph.
Never exceed the speed limit.
Lane-sharing between lanes #1 and #2 is preferred. (#1 being the “fast” or “inside” lane)
Stay, more or less, in one lane or the other. Excessive meandering might get you cited. (CA code 21658)

Add to this a few other pointers:

Be a competent rider before attempting the practice.
Be prepared to adjust your speed as necessary.
Cover your brake and clutch to reduce reaction time.
Avoid lane-sharing between two large trucks.
Be wary of open spaces inviting a vehicle to change lanes.
Be vigilant of other vehicle operator’s head movements indicative of an impending lane change.
Check your mirrors and be prepared to move over for overtaking motorcycles behind you.
When in doubt, wait for a CHP motor patrol officer and follow him/her. (You might have to travel a bit faster than 10mph to keep up.)

"The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war." –Douglas MacArthur
“Our job as citizens also includes backing our president when he makes a decision, whether we like that decision or not,"- Damion Maynard
m0n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 01:34 PM   #46
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Hell, I only lived in Michigan for one year of school before transferring and I knew they would do that shit given the chance. The nice thing that I found was that cops never bothered with the highways I used up there.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 01:43 PM   #47
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoYZF View Post
Hell, I only lived in Michigan for one year of school before transferring and I knew they would do that shit given the chance. The nice thing that I found was that cops never bothered with the highways I used up there.
My middle finger gets used a lot up here.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 02:07 PM   #48
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
My middle finger gets used a lot up here.
So does mine here in NC on the bike and in the cage.

I'm pretty easy to get along with but some people just do some dumb chit while out on the road.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 02:13 PM   #49
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
When did you move to NC? I thought you were in Meeechigan.
Yep I moved a few months ago. I got tired of snow. I needed a change. It's 73F outside right now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
So does mine here in NC on the bike and in the cage.

I'm pretty easy to get along with but some people just do some dumb chit while out on the road.
hey now,I'm trying to convince everyone that NC is the shit! Besides,trust me,I've lived all over the country and it's very relative. The drivers here can be a bit "slow" but they have nothing on up north!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 02:49 PM   #50
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0n1 View Post
here is something i found at http://laneshare.org/ca.htm

The generally “understood” guidelines seem to be:

Travel no faster than 10 mph faster than the vehicles you’re lane-sharing with.
Merge back in with the traffic when they reach 30-35 mph.
Never exceed the speed limit.
Lane-sharing between lanes #1 and #2 is preferred. (#1 being the “fast” or “inside” lane)
Stay, more or less, in one lane or the other. Excessive meandering might get you cited. (CA code 21658)

Add to this a few other pointers:

Be a competent rider before attempting the practice.
Be prepared to adjust your speed as necessary.
Cover your brake and clutch to reduce reaction time.
Avoid lane-sharing between two large trucks.
Be wary of open spaces inviting a vehicle to change lanes.
Be vigilant of other vehicle operator’s head movements indicative of an impending lane change.
Check your mirrors and be prepared to move over for overtaking motorcycles behind you.
When in doubt, wait for a CHP motor patrol officer and follow him/her. (You might have to travel a bit faster than 10mph to keep up.)
Hmm...and the ass pirate in this video was doing none of these things.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote