Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Get to work, slacker.
I will hurt you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoYZF View Post
Somehow I missed your response, but unfortunately it is true. I work there part time since Im still in school and I get asked all the time if people can use my discount, but like I said, we dont get one. Cheap bastards in Georgia making decisions...
Cheap ass HD fuckers.

This past weekend (Easter weekend) I was able to get out there for all day Saturday and the morning of Sunday to get some work done. I finished everything involving all three doorways, did a couple bits of trim work, and did a little more mudding.

I gave another coat of paint to the door that goes into the main basement and painted the whole frame that it hangs on. I chiseled out bigger hinge cutouts on the frame and the door and hung it up. Looks 1000x better now:

I repainted some of the trim on the small door, and attached a doorsweep to the bottom. Cashmoney:

I boxed in the corner near the door because it was still exposed and drywalled it:

For the main doors I used some rubber weatherstripping to cover the gap near the hinges. I nailed some on the inside (forgot to take pics) wrapped around the corner so that as the door is closed, the strip gets compressed between the door and the frame. Then, for redundancy, I tacked a sheet over the gap on the outside as well. I think I'll probably dab all the nailheads with black paint just to improve the appearance next time I'm out there.

I put door sweeps on the bottom of both doors. They didn't come long enough so I had to buy three and chop one up:

Now comes the only real mistake I've made in this whole build (besides a couple small electrical brainfarts which I fixed). When building the doors, as I was putting on the sheeting on both sides, I used tons of construction adhesive as well as nails/screws for the back/front. After this, I stacked the doors on top of eachother and left them on my work table. But, I forgot to put some weight on top of the top door, so as the adhesive dried and hardened, the sheet moved/warped. This manifested itself when I hung the doors as the doors appearing to not be square, which is not the case.

In order to seal the gap in the middle of the doors, I decided to get extra large door sweeps which had a wider piece of rubber sheet than most, and just mount them vertically. But, due to the screwup I just mentioned, the doors don't line up perfectly and the flap wouldn't seal all the way. So I traced the error onto a board and used a belt sander to create my own 'shim'. Worked great:

Then I painted those trim bits and you don't notice them at all:

I decided to paint the sweeps in the middle because I thought they looked funny. The paint didn't go on too well so they will need a couple more coats, this was on sunday right before I had to leave to do Easter stuff so I didn't do a great job. I'll fix it next time:

I painted the crossbar and tacked some rubber to it so it doesn't scratch the door when putting it in:

I did a little more mudding in the corner and on the ceiling:

ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 02:06 AM   #92
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

From the outside, the place looks pretty good, if I do say so myself. Especially considering the doors I built cost about 3% of what I was quoted to have a set built.

Inside looked alright sat night:

Unfortunately I've got a shitty couple of weeks with work, this one and next week, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to get much/anything done for a bit

But I'm going to put Katherine to work when she comes to visit

Left:
- One small bit of trim work
- Mudding, sanding
- Clean the whole joint out, throw away scraps, etc to get ready for paint. Lay down plastic sheeting over the whole floor
- Priming, painting
- I want to use a baseboard that I can seal to the floor to make it waterproof. Since the place isn't that big I think I might splurge on these because they'll look fuckin' badass. Then I'll use clear caulking to seal the joint at the floor. Will make mopping the place really easy.

- Design and build workbench. Put a beer fridge under it.
- Build all shelving. The small room will be all shelves, and there will be shelves for the stereo.
- Set up tool chests, fill, organize, etc. In general organize the whole joint.
- Down the road, I want to do the epoxy flooring. We'll see when I get the money and time to do it.

I'm also going to tackle a job in the main basement as well, but that is a story for another day
Old 03-29-2008, 12:37 AM   #93
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

F'in bad ass man... LOOKS GREAT!!!

I love the corner molding! Do that and those rubber floor squares.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 12:43 AM   #94
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post

We just had that done in our service drive and express lube at work.
Looks sweet as hell, and is nice to walk/work on... but it was BIG $$$ too.

Quote:
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 03:25 AM   #95
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Quote:

Thanks dude!!!

Yeah, I don't want to do the rubber piece-together floor for a lot of reasons, as I said before.... but I am leaning towards the baseboards. I think I can swing em.

I was able to get one good day of work done in the garage this past weekend. I had Katherine up, and she wanted to see it and help a bit. She rocks Next weekend will be dedicated to garage work and starting my bike prep for the track in 3 weeks and for the season in general.

Basically applied the rest of the 1st mud coat after doing a bunch of moving and organizing of things, and then sanded half of that first coat. Three coats and three sands should do it, so it's coming along...

Here's a few camera phone pics, and a couple Kat took, being a paparazzi smartaleck:

At this point, I'll have sort of a double focus for the next few weeks until my track days: the garage, and doing some bike prep for the track is in order since I am a little anxious about all of that getting done (new tires, 4kmile service, new SS brake lines and HH pads, tank sliders, etc.)
Old 04-08-2008, 03:44 AM   #96
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

ok... but where's the pics of Kat?!
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 09:02 AM   #97
Katherine
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 07 CBR 600RR

I'm in one of those pictures. You just can't tell because CEO was in a mudding mood and mudded me.
Katherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 04:09 PM   #98
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

no comment
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 04:35 PM   #99
comonboys
Ridin Naked. HMMMMM......

Moto: 650 SV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
eventually... when i get the time and money... i will build myself a bigger shop.

Looks good CEO
Along with a shed for the cats and a dog house......

Your the one who wants the cats outside.....
comonboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 01:14 AM   #100
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katherine View Post
I'm in one of those pictures. You just can't tell because CEO was in a mudding mood and mudded me.
You deserved it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
no comment
I dare ya.
Quote:
Originally Posted by comonboys View Post
Along with a shed for the cats and a dog house......

Your the one who wants the cats outside.....
Uh oh sounds like someone's got a honey-do list!!! Sucker