Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > 2008 Blog Contest

Old 04-05-2008, 09:09 AM   #1
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar
Default Sex

Yup... I'm name'n my blog SEX... because like sex... this is gonna be a long build up... a short month of riding bliss... then back to sleep in storage till I come back home...

since I'm not as eloquent as many of my fellow members... I'll be sure to have a lot of pictures and hopefully Video...

so it begins... the count down till my Mid-tour Leave.

140 days
Old 04-05-2008, 09:34 AM   #2
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Put on order the following:

I had the money and figured I'd order it now just so if there's fuck ups with the order I'll still have time to get it sorted out.

still

140days
Old 04-08-2008, 05:44 PM   #3
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

So I ordered a camera/GPS mount that got here yesterday. should be pretty cool

basicly it's gonna look like this (not my bike or the GPS I have but close)

the mount for the camera

now looking at Camcorders... and possibly a helmet mount cam

136 Days

Last edited by Mr Lefty; 04-13-2008 at 02:04 AM..
Old 04-09-2008, 06:42 PM   #4
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

well my over zealousness has paid off twice now... I put the wrong billing address on my order for the luggage, delaying it a week... and now just found that because I paid with a credit card through Paypal... they used my default address... in California... the one I used to set up the account... the one I haven't lived at for almost 5 years so I contacted Fed Ex and sent the package back... contacted Xenonexpert.com and gave them my new address... probably delaying a week also

I'd have been pissed if I'd waited till the last minute to order these then had the same issue.

Oh... I've also ordered new maps for my GPS... as soon as I get it I'll be drawing up some tentative trip routes.

I've been doing a lot of research into helmet cams... think I've found what I want... just gonna hold off a little longer.

135 Days
Old 04-10-2008, 05:01 PM   #5
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

So got conformation that my luggage, minus the tank bag which is on order, shipped... along with my HID conversion.

I got my frame sliders last night... they require me to cut but I'm fine with it... they look solid as hell in person... so I'm pleased...
http://www.rg-racing.com/browseBike/...rs/CP0021.aspx

yeah the clutch side requires a new overflow bottle which came with the kit...

I also ordered a Air Hawk seat... I've heard great things bout these... and figure since I can't build up my stamina the proper way by riding... I can invest in this and it'll help my trip go more smooth. I'm actually sending it to drewpy for him to try out on the trip to Cali...

I went with the small as it's 9"x11"... though they didn't list MY bike they did list the ZX9r and said it needed the medium... which is 18"x18"!!! that's fucking HUGE!

I think the 9''x11'' will be fine... after all it's almost exactly the size of a sheet of paper (8.5''x11'') and I what ever little bladders your not sitting on... is where the air rushes too when you sit... so it'd be useless that large

134 Days
Old 04-15-2008, 05:36 AM   #6
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

My stuff should start rolling in here this week... I got my sliders and my Delay for the HID lights... expecting my luggage and shit to get here this week as well... HID kit probably not for another week or so as I still haven't gotten an e-mail from the guy (he said he'd e-mail me when the package was returned and it was on it's way back out)

130 Days
Old 04-20-2008, 09:38 AM   #7
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

So I got my luggage in minus the tank bag as it was back ordered but it'll be coming in this week. These things look awesome... but the only thing I'm disappointed with is the lack of reflective material. there's very little facing the rear... and even less on the sides. Originally I was going to cut up a reflective belt that all us AF members get to wear and have it sewn to the side. but I may have found something better. I put it there just to give you an idea of what a little more reflective tape would do... (the stuff I have is stick on... so I gotta find some cloth)

here's some pics

Side shot of the saddle bags

Top shot saddle bags

Rear shot of the Tail bag

Side shot of the tail bag

and what I was fearing most... would my laptop fit...

looks like it sitting outside... though the opening is fucking small!

AND IT DOES! just fucking barely! if my laptop was even .1" bigger either way it wouldn't fit in the opening. AWESOME!

124 Days
Old 05-03-2008, 06:27 AM   #8
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

So not too much to update... I got my tank bag a couple days ago... actually it's been over a week. It's fuck'n pimp... lots smaller than my old Held one... but it looks to be better made and came with both a extra shield pouch and a little nylon bag which I assume is for gloves or something

I contacted Xenonexpress.com about my lights again... took 3 fuck'n e-mails in a week to get a reply and this is what I got... kinda anoying

Quote:
Hi Brandon,

Apexcone has your kit, not us. They handle the returns and haven't contacted me about your package I'll contact them and see what's going on.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards,

Olivier Gibeault
www.xenonexpert.com
I understand that he didn't have them but 1, this was my 3rd e-mail in a week the other two received no reply... and 2 He TOLD me that he'd let me know when they got the lights back and shipped them back... how the fuck am I supposed to know that it has to go to Apexcone first

I'm damn glad I'd decided to order all this shit several months in advance... but I can't be too pissed... the original fuck up was mine... had I put the correct shipping address I'd have received my lights a month ago.

in other news... I got a call from the Indy Ticket office... scare'n the shit out of me... (the pessimist in me) but turns out they just wanted to verify my change of address for the mailing of my tickets.

Also... I've got a couple extracurricular activities planned for Indy... or my trip rather... I'd like to 1 get my tattoo fixed... and maybe get another. and two... I'm planning on going skydiving in Indy... or around there. Rae's on board... I'll start a thread seeing if anyone else is interested. it's something I've always wanted to do but every time the chance came up something pulled me away, weather, work, ect... but I'm hope'n weather corporates and we can do it either one of the week day mornings or Monday...

back to motorcycle shit...

I had been looking at new helmets because my Arai though an awesome helmet doesn't fit like it should... not sure if I just didn't get the fit right in the first place or it just broke in a lot... but after trying on my brother's Scorpion I couldn't stand wearing my helmet as it felt WAY fucking loose.

I happened to be on Motorcyclesuperstore.com and found Arai Profile cheek pads... for like $35 or something... so I ordered a set of 35mm... 25mm is what came in mine... got them and had my parents ship me my helmet.

PERFECT! fucking awesome! they make the helmet exactly the right fit. no more play from side to side!

if anyone wants a pair of 25mm cheek pads for an Arai Profile helmet... let me know... pay shipping and their yours.

and for good measure... here's a shot of my jacket and pants

111 Days
Old 05-19-2008, 05:00 PM   #9
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

I originally ordered the lights on the 9th of April... canceled the shipment with fed ex on the 11th due to my error with the shipping address. the order was returned to Apexcone on the 15th... finally got a reply from Xenonexpert.com on the 19th of April saying he was gonna contact Apexcone and get back to me... I sent an e-mail everyday starting the 5th... and didnt' get anything until yesterday when I brought up the Better Business Bureau. then I get this...

on a side note... it says he CC'd Jim Powell... there was no CC...

Quote:
Hi,

Apexcone, not us, has your kit. As you can see below, I've sent an email last week and still didn't get a reply on it as of today. I'm copying Jim Powell who's the owner of Apexcone so maybe he can ask his employees to look into this issue as they seem to ignore even my last emails to them about it. You will have to pay for the shipping again though.

I suggest you call them at :858-565-1742

Your order number is: XXXXXX

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards,

Olivier Gibeault
www.xenonexpert.com
this was after my 29th e-mail to them... yes 2-9! needless to say I was fucking pissed... so I called up Apexcone... first call answer... 15mins later... my lights are shipped...

FUCK XENONEXPERT.COM!

if you want HID lights... go through Apexcone... they're the ones that actually ship, build and warranty the kits for Xenonexpert.com and over 15 different HID online retailers anyways.

so my lights are on their way to my parents house in ND...

95 DAYS!
Old 07-28-2008, 03:23 AM   #10
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Update... it's been what... 70 days? anywhoo...

Just started doing my paperwork to get my ticket home... and I find out my orders from my last base were done wrong... and more than likely... the error had to be caught with in 90 days of me getting to Osan for it to be fixed... so I may be fucked out of my ticket home... which... looking now is $2500! FUCK!!!!

so needless to say I'm out for skydiving in Indy... but at least I'll make the trip and be able to meet a lot of ya'll

in other news,
I got my jacket and pants zippers matched up so they zip together, decided to say fuck the fairings... I'll rock the broken ones... and started finalizing my route in my GPS... as it turns out... I'll only spend a night in Eureka Springs AR and a couple in Biloxi MS camping... the rest... ya'll have offered up a couch, floor, or bed for me to crash on... THANKS...

oh... and

29 Days!!