Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 11-24-2009, 02:59 PM   #51
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Does the school system not constantly preach doing the best you can at the various subjects they offer as it is? I see no difference in helping kids reach a higher ground physically as well.
They do preach that message. It is called "lip service". The fact is that the public school system taking fitness seriously accomplishes little to nothing. The students themselves have to take it seriously. Schools have next to no control over that.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 03:32 PM   #52
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
They do preach that message. It is called "lip service". The fact is that the public school system taking fitness seriously accomplishes little to nothing. The students themselves have to take it seriously. Schools have next to no control over that.
And they will, when they don't pass 5th grade because they couldn't cover a mile on foot in under 45 minutes.

*Disclaimer: I am no physical health or child physiology expert so I will leave the exact specifications per age group up to the experts that my administration will be hiring under my direct supervision.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 05:00 PM   #53
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I had two mandatory PE classes to get a fucking engineering degree.
My buddy got his MET and he had to take 2 PE classes. So he took walking and bowling. How fucking hard is that? Hell, he didn't even have to walk or bowl and still aced the class.
Old 11-24-2009, 05:03 PM   #54
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

WTF is a class in walking? Jesus how fukcing stupid.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 01:13 PM   #55
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

I think its a great idea. Get the lazy fucks off their asses. Im one of them, I had to recently force myself to get off the internet so much and start excercising again, after problems and 3rd degree burns I was lazier than ever.

I disgust myself with my fatness, and other fat people disgust me too. Maybe showing them how they cant even run the bases anymore will open their eyes.

Im all for the regulation of food and excercise in schools, of all levels, by the governement.

Military Service too. The older I get, the more I hate young people.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 04:54 PM   #56
Ineffable
Kneedragger

Moto: 2009 KTM RC8

I applaud the school on the idea just not on the execution. I'm not saying anything that hasn't already been said in this thread but... A sound body does make a sound mind. They were given the requirements in 2006, 4 FUCKING YEARS AGO. They chose to ignore it and now it is biting them in the ass so they complain about it. I agree BMI may not be the best way to measure obesity but at the same time on the point of students having to 'disclose that kind of medical information' is BS, it's not like it is something an observer can't see on a day to day basis, you are fat it's not some kind of medical secret only you and your doctor know. This kind of policy should be put into effect in all public schools but required for all children. As far as in college I think what would help here is if the 'skinny' people had to take some kind of nutrition class. Just because you aren't overweight doesn't mean you are healthy. Nutrition for the skinnies PE for the fatties everyone wins.
Ineffable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 08:09 AM   #57
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Do they get extra credit if their teacher is fat?

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote