Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 01-27-2010, 11:22 PM   #21
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper996 View Post
Yea, same hear and i lean this sucker enough to drag a peg and a knee and that is getting her way over.

Did u ever take this bike to nss under the lights?

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:49 PM   #22
Thumper996
VTwins and One Lungs rule

Moto: Turning wrenches on my rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpy View Post
Did u ever take this bike to nss under the lights?
Yep yep, she was there last August on Friday night along with her sister the KTM950 Supermoto. Of course you know which one had faster lap times, the CRF.

The little one lung fourfifty will only do 99 MPH (GPS reading), but she kills the turns. I am dragging peg and knee like crazy in right hander turn three and killing around the bottom of NASCAR 3 and 4.

She is a blast at Barber as well. I kinda got in trouble with the Rider coach last time at Barber for passing sport bikes on the outside in several turns.

You really have to be on your game riding one of these with sportbike riders of equal riding skill as yourself or you will run all over them entering a turn, because you hardly use any breaks on this sucker and dive way later into turns than a sportbike rider of equal riding skill.

If i get her back out on the street i will let you throw a leg over her, she is easy to ride and will make you want to get rid of your sport bike.
Thumper996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:55 PM   #23
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Yep yep, she was there last August on Friday night along with her sister the KTM950 Supermoto. Of course you know which one had faster lap times, the CRF.

The little one lung fourfifty will only do 99 MPH (GPS reading), but she kills the turns. I am dragging peg and knee like crazy in right hander turn three and killing around the bottom of NASCAR 3 and 4.

She is a blast at Barber as well. I kinda got in trouble with the Rider coach last time at Barber for passing sport bikes on the outside in several turns.

You really have to be on your game riding one of these with sportbike riders of equal riding skill as yourself or you will run all over them entering a turn, because you hardly use any breaks on this sucker and dive way later into turns than a sportbike rider of equal riding skill.

If i get her back out on the street i will let you throw a leg over her, she is easy to ride and will make you want to get rid of your sport bike.
I almost killed my self following one into turn 1 at beaver. I passed him on the straight, then he repassed me going into one. Was a clean pass but I was like you sneaky bastid so I tried following him through the turn and quickly realized this isnt going to work not realy sure how I amde the turn or soiled my underwear but I learned not to follow motards through turns
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 12:10 AM   #24
Thumper996
VTwins and One Lungs rule

Moto: Turning wrenches on my rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
I almost killed my self following one into turn 1 at beaver. I passed him on the straight, then he repassed me going into one. Was a clean pass but I was like you sneaky bastid so I tried following him through the turn and quickly realized this isnt going to work not realy sure how I amde the turn or soiled my underwear but I learned not to follow motards through turns
Yea, when i get her out on the street i tell my buddies to not judge their turn entry speeds based on my speed as i enter turns waaayyyyyyy faster on a motard than i do on my sport bikes.

I know what you mean on the striaghts at track days, the sportbikes get you about midway down the striaght and you have to line up a bike or so to their right or left entering the turn as it is like they threw out a parachute when they hit their braking point and you are still WFO. It can be a little scary, but inside the helmet its fun as hell passing sportbikes in a turn on a dirt bike draggin peg and knee. They know you are there cause the sucker has a pretty healthy breath if you know what i mean.
Thumper996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 12:48 AM   #25
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Yea, when i get her out on the street i tell my buddies to not judge their turn entry speeds based on my speed as i enter turns waaayyyyyyy faster on a motard than i do on my sport bikes.

I know what you mean on the striaghts at track days, the sportbikes get you about midway down the striaght and you have to line up a bike or so to their right or left entering the turn as it is like they threw out a parachute when they hit their braking point and you are still WFO. It can be a little scary, but inside the helmet its fun as hell passing sportbikes in a turn on a dirt bike draggin peg and knee. They know you are there cause the sucker has a pretty healthy breath if you know what i mean.
I have had a few battles with motards on the somewhat smaller tracks I will overtake em on the straights and they would catch me a few turns later. on the larger tracks like summit they just cant compete with the longer straightaway.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:41 AM   #26
dReWpY
RIP REX

Quote:

I think I have been on the track with you before when I had the rc, hell I think I even pitted near you and lined up right next to you lol

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Old 01-28-2010, 01:50 AM   #27
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I think I have been on the track with you before when I had the rc, hell I think I even pitted near you and lined up right next to you lol
Yoju dont have a huge trailer/toyhauler do you? I remember a guy on an RC down at summit a couple of years ago.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:09 AM   #28
dReWpY
RIP REX

nah, i know rc's are rare, but i actually ride to the td's tape up the lights and letter rip

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Old 01-28-2010, 08:03 AM   #29
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
So they totalled it and you bought it back?
That would be sweet if they gave him MSRP, he could buy 2.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:29 AM   #30
Kerry_129
Semi-reformed Squid

Great - I wonder how many bikes will get chucked due to consciously trying to 'go for a 5' (just like I've seen happen a few times when someone is making a goal of 'getting a knee down').

Quote:
nah, i know rc's are rare, but i actually ride to the td's tape up the lights and letter rip
That takes some confidence & endurance! (assuming you're not talking about just nss - but still, riding home after a trackday... whew!)
Kerry_129 is offline   Reply With Quote