Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
That story just kept delivering...
anthonyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 04:26 PM   #3
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
The Idaho Statesman website reported that Ross has a previous criminal record as a man but identified herself as a woman and was booked into Ada County Jail as a female.
WOW

Great proofreading by the way:

Quote:
Police arrested Kristina Ross, 37, for on charges of practicing medicine without a license after she allegedly offered breast exams to bar patrons in Boise, Idaho.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 04:56 PM   #4
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

What a weird fvckin' story !!
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 05:08 PM   #5
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

I love her fake last name.

I see ya show nem or close to that. doesn't say she charged them for the exams, so I wonder if she'll get off of the practicing charge. I mean seriously I would think you would have to charge a fee for it to be considered practicing medicine.

she was just practicing finding an idiot that'll flash her tits in a bar. we as men do that all the time. LOL

Last edited by wildchild; 11-18-2010 at 05:21 PM..
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 05:19 PM   #6
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyk View Post
That story just kept delivering...
yeh it did
Old 11-18-2010, 10:10 PM   #7
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
I mean seriously I would think you would have to charge a fee for it to be considered practicing medicine.
:
Nah, I'm an EMT but if I do any of my skills above CPR then I can be charged with practicing medicine without a license since my skills actually belong to a doctor (our medical director). For example if I see someone have a full arrest and I'm not at work I can do CPR but if I have a Combitube (tube that goes into the lungs) and breath for them then I practiced without a license, even if I didn't charge the person. If I start IV therapy or give supplemental oxygen then I'm giving drugs.
Old 11-19-2010, 07:59 AM   #8
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
Nah, I'm an EMT but if I do any of my skills above CPR then I can be charged with practicing medicine without a license since my skills actually belong to a doctor (our medical director). For example if I see someone have a full arrest and I'm not at work I can do CPR but if I have a Combitube (tube that goes into the lungs) and breath for them then I practiced without a license, even if I didn't charge the person. If I start IV therapy or give supplemental oxygen then I'm giving drugs.

wow that is very interesting. so essentially even though you may be there and have the equipment with you, you can't legally help someone unless you're on duty? other then normal CPR of course that anyone could do.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 05:15 PM   #9
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
wow that is very interesting. so essentially even though you may be there and have the equipment with you, you can't legally help someone unless you're on duty? other then normal CPR of course that anyone could do.
Yep. If you are a CNA, LPN, RN, EMT-B/I/P, PCT, Rad Tech, and even a physician assistan then you can't practice madicine in the feild. Only a doctor that has MD or DO behind their name can becuase they pay their own personal liability insurance. I always hear some EMTs claim they are obligated to do something if they see a wreck or whatever but those are usually fire/medics who are trying to justify the $800 jump bag they bought after they got their EMT-Basic for their pay raise.

Which every now and then we get a doctor who wants to ride on board our ambulance (Why they'd take that risk, it is beyond me). If that is the case then we call our medical director and check their credentials, but it is still up to us. If the guy is a doctor but a psychiatrist and we have a guy having a full arrest then we tell them to go fuck themselves (if they refuse to just do chest compressions). But if we get a doctor come up and they are a pediatric emergency cardiologist and we have a coding baby, then I'm going to tie him to the ambulance.

Me, you'll be lucky to get CPR out of me if I'm off duty. No way in hell I'm putting my mouth to some strangers mouth and I really don't like touching people without gloves. God knows what kind of diseases those fuckers have.