Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 10-16-2012, 01:16 AM   #1
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man
Default Looper, questions and spoilers

I just saw the movie, and it has left me with a bunch of questions that I just dont get.

1. Why does a looper have to kill himself? Is it to get rid of the only person who knows about the future murder in the past? Why not just kill them in the past and thwart any reason for the guy to have to kill himself in the future

2. Did Joe's suicide stop the rainmaker (Sid) from ever being as he never saw his quasi-mother killed, or did it cause Sid to become the rainmaker because he saw Joe (a father figure) kill his older self

3. Wouldnt Joe's suicde have prevented the whole story from taking place? If older Joe never made it into the future, younger Joe would never have to kill his older self negating the whole story

4. If Joe kills his older self then realizes how he eventually escapes, then goes back in time to eventually escape are these 2 seperate universes that were created, also see question #3

5. Does mid aged Joe go to china because he was told he will go there by Jeff Bridges or does he go there causing Jeff Bridges to tell young Joe that he will go there?

6. How did his wife die in the future and thats not a problem for the mob, but everyone else needs to go into the past to die? Why not just drop someone in the middle of the ocean with some cement shoes?

7. I really gotta start watching covert affairs again

8. Why doesnt Jeff Bridges just kill the looper before they fail to close the loop, then send someone else to do it for them, hes from the future, and should know exactly who escapes and who doesnt.

9. Is the idiot gangster Jeff Bridges younger self? He talks to him like he is his son, and when he hurts him he makes sure it is a wound that he will heal from, he also keeps (or tries to) him out of danger for most of the movie. Which leads me to believe that the idiot gangster is the younger Jeff Bridges.

10. This would negate the whole movie, but why even try to kill people in the past? Just go back in time and engineer stuff so that the future turns out the way you want it to?

Overall it was a movie that I enjoyed, nothing super great and I really reccomend that folks wait for it to come out on netflix or on premium cable.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:09 PM   #2
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

Great movie.

1. I think it is to get rid of someone who knows about the murder or the future in general. The dont kill them in the past because it would probably be hard to get more loopers if they knew theyd be dead in 5 years instead of 30. Also youd have a bunch of looper killers roaming around in the past.

2. I think the original future had Old Joe killing the mother to get to the kid which resulted in the Evil Rainmaker. Young Joe changed that future so now its unknown. The kid is a genius so if he was able to see what happened from the cornfield hell probably figure it out eventually and maybe use Joes sacrifice as a positive model.

4. I think the fact that memories transfer and dying makes the future you disappear means that there is only one universe. If there were two then the actions of the past you wouldnt have any effect on the future you because you would essentially be two different people.

5. I dont think the Boss has any specific knowledge of the individual loopers future lives. When he left the future there were no loopers. I think China just took over the world, the cash they were using in Kansas was Chinese so Im guessing China was just the best place to be.

6. Maybe it was a problem and the guys that killed her got arrested. Everybody in the future has a tracking chip that activates when theyre dying or dead (maybe, I made that up)

8. See 5

9. If it was then Jeff Bridges would have gotten scars when the young guy was hurt and he'd be walking with a limp since he shot himself in the foot.

10. Time travel is only one way, you would have to go back then wait 30 years to see what happens and by then youd be old.

I liked it, it was like X-Men crossed with Terminator. Id really like to see a movie that shows what the Evil Rainmaker was up to in the future and when the new Rainmaker is going to do in the future.