Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > 2008 Blog Contest

Old 09-27-2008, 09:49 PM   #11
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R
Default My thoughts on gloves

I will not wear anything but all leather glvoes. I've seen far too many mesh gloves disentegrate, and ski/snowboard gloves wear out on the snow- so what do you think asphalt will do? Best bet is to have dead animal between you and the road. Not really a fan of carbon knuckle protectors, as they're usually too thin to do any good. PU is the best additional armor I've seen. Wrist strap is usually a requirement for me, as most gloves without it are a pain to get on, and don't know if they'll stay on. All of my gloves except the AGVs have it.

On to my list: I have a pair of Power Trip Grand Nationals. Great summer gloves. Double leather almost everywhere, and palm rivets. Two summers on mine now, and no threads coming loose, no bleeding dye. $40

Cortech Scarab RR. Good gauntlets. Again, heavy cowhide and goathide everywhere. Great finger mobility from the articulated leather protection. Little leery of the stretch material between the fingers, but they held up in a 35mph lowside, and would have been usable if the palm patch on the right weren't screwed up. $50

Cortech Scarab Winter. Same as the RR except insulated. Good heavy leather, insulated winter glove. No stretch material like the RR. Waterproof as you'll find. $70

Cortech Adrenaline. Awesome control feel from the Kangaroo palm. I can type in these things. Perfect stretch fit to my palm and fingers. PU knuckle guard and rubberized finger protectors. Perfed leather on the finger sides, with a vent under the knuckle protector. My track gloves until I recently lost one. $80

AGV Vi-Tech. Just picked them up today. Good heavy leather, plenty of padding, but ony a half (ring and pinky) carbon knuckle guard. No wrist strap, but great fit. These won't come off if anything happens. Stiff fingers from all that leather. They'll do in place of my Adrenaline until I can find that one again. They're not the latest and greatest, but they're solid gloves for a great price- $30 instead of $90.