Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-31-2010, 10:58 AM   #41
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

[QUOTE=Tmall;327865]They can give you a notice to quit. But, if you disagree or think it's retalitory you can sit on a board and have them mediate the decision. If they gave her the notice shortly after a disagreement, she would most likely win and have the dwelling as long as she wanted it.

I had this happen with a troublesome landlord. He tried to terrorize the tenants, I pulled him aside and told him if he didn't fuck off, I'd report every single thing I'd noted him doing "Including going through other people's mail boxes". I had a notice to quit a week later, and a meeting with the rentals board two weeks after that.

We won, I pretty much had the run of the place. Anything he tried to do after without actual evidence of me doing anything wrong would have been considered harassment.

QUOTE]

I remember that asshole! I met him the day after I bought the Monte Carlo, lol. That was a good weekend.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:25 AM   #42
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

just a complete assumption on my part but, didn't you just move there not that long ago? within a year or so?

just wondering if maybe the landlord considers the other tenants with families more "senior" and therefore said no so that they would not be disturbed, not worrying about you, as you are the "new kid" and being a single young woman you're probably going to move when you meet a guy.

i would ask for a chance at having one. that said i will warn you i have two dogs. a cute little poodle, so tiny you can hardly hear her walk across the floor, her bark however will almost shatter glass.
the other is a 60 pound boxer, she walks like a freight train going through a tunnel with it's horn blaring, but, she hardly ever barks and if she does it means something is in the yard that shouldn't be.

i only say that because it's easy to say get a small dog for the good of the neighbors but they do tend to be louder in the long run with the barking.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:32 AM   #43
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
just a complete assumption on my part but, didn't you just move there not that long ago? within a year or so?
I moved in last May after coming back from the UK.

Quote:
and being a single young woman you're probably going to move when you meet a guy.
No. Not now, not ever.

Quote:
i would ask for a chance at having one.
Meh. I want a dog so badly but I'm not going to push it. I'll just have to wait until I live somewhere that allows this option.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:40 AM   #44
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
I remember that asshole! I met him the day after I bought the Monte Carlo, lol. That was a good weekend.
Did your best friend have a Chysler Imperial with one door?

Old 02-01-2010, 10:09 AM   #45
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_1052 View Post
Did your best friend have a Chysler Imperial with one door?

Holy shit, I just started watching that show. It is hilarious.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:11 AM   #46
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
Holy shit, I just started watching that show. It is hilarious.
Give it a couple episodes...

I'll get some pics of my bike in front of the trailer park this year, it's on a nice stretch of road that joins some twisties and is near a gorgeous beach.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:14 AM   #47
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
Give it a couple episodes...

I'll get some pics of my bike in front of the trailer park this year, it's on a nice stretch of road that joins some twisties and is near a gorgeous beach.
Yeah I am part way into season two. I think I like it because it makes me feel better about myself.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:54 AM   #48
Rider
Moto GP Star

Fuck em, get a dog anyway. From what I understand It's pretty hard to evict someone anyway. As long as you are paying rent, what the fuck are they going to do? You may loose your deposit, but that's a small price to pay.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:58 AM   #49
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Fuck em, get a dog anyway. From what I understand It's pretty hard to evict someone anyway. As long as you are paying rent, what the fuck are they going to do? You may loose your deposit, but that's a small price to pay.
You're right. Fuck 'em. I'm getting a dog anyways. I like living in constant turmoil because of a disagreement with my landlord. What better way to be a good tennant than to say fuck 'em and do what they've asked me not to do.

Can they evict me for getting a dog? NO

Am I going to get a dog anyways? NO!
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:11 AM   #50
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Hey Kell, how is the neighbours radio doing? lol

Just saying