Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 08-17-2008, 02:23 AM   #1
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR
Default Fifteen Thousand

I've drank myself to other worlds
I've done drugs, and have regreted it
I've pretty much done everything in the world that can make you look back in retrospect and think "god damn im such an idiot".
And luckily, i've been wise enough to be able to either control or get rid of bad habits.

But one thing alone, just one thing. when your bike is screaming down the road in the middle of the night and you're about to redline, that instant before you have to shift, that seemingly insignificant moment, is worth more than anything i can think of at the moment. It defines adrenaline.

Sometimes we have to step back from our veil of protection, from our self constructed idea of saftey on the streets, and instead of trying to control our bikes, just for a few seconds, let your bike control you.

Rider for life.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 02:42 AM   #2
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

not sober much?

sounds good though, can relate

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 02:49 AM   #3
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpy View Post
not sober much?

sounds good though, can relate
not drinking and riding, thats a terrible idea. But i've been thinking about it all night. even at the bar, when talking and chatting and living it up; nothing compared to going fast and having nothing in your peripherals to worry about.

Ever get home, and instead of heading for your bed, you head for the garage? got dropped off, and thats still all i could think off. that and hormell chili with fritos scoops.
Old 08-17-2008, 02:54 AM   #4
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

your a pretty good writer... fuck I can't wait to get back to my bike and get back that feeling... being so involved in your surroundings yet free from all my cares
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 02:55 AM   #5
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
your a pretty good writer... fuck I can't wait to get back to my bike and get back that feeling... being so involved in your surroundings yet free from all my cares
you're a gay wad
Old 08-17-2008, 02:58 AM   #6
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

no matter how many times you say it... I'm not gonna give it up to you... Trock is all to willing though
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 03:00 AM   #7
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
no matter how many times you say it... I'm not gonna give it up to you... Trock is all to willing though
you're both gay wads.
Old 08-17-2008, 03:26 AM   #8
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Woulda been a good opening thought for a blog.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 12:02 PM   #9
t-homo
WSB Champion

Last night I got back down to the frat house and there were 3 new bikes there. One was a gay as shit 04 gsxr with custom green paint with dollar signs painted in it, chrome grips, and mirror block off plates that the guy is never going to ride because he bought it to look cool, one was a 03 ninja 636 that the guy has been riding since the beginning of summer, and the other is a 05 Firebolt with a Jardine pipe. The last guy is a pledge so I just met him last night, but he said he's been riding for 2 years now and seemed really fuckin cool. Then I pulled my bike in next to theirs. Well I sat down and played a few games of quarters and a little beer pong, then as the party started to die down, the 3 of us (faggot "gixxer" rider didn't know we were down there) went over and talked about bikes and different things done to ours for a good 2 hours. It was much more fun than just getting hammered and passing the fuck out.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 12:11 PM   #10
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
Last night I got back down to the frat house and there were 3 new bikes there. One was a gay as shit 04 gsxr with custom green paint with dollar signs painted in it, chrome grips, and mirror block off plates that the guy is never going to ride because he bought it to look cool, one was a 03 ninja 636 that the guy has been riding since the beginning of summer, and the other is a 05 Firebolt with a Jardine pipe. The last guy is a pledge so I just met him last night, but he said he's been riding for 2 years now and seemed really fuckin cool. Then I pulled my bike in next to theirs. Well I sat down and played a few games of quarters and a little beer pong, then as the party started to die down, the 3 of us (faggot "gixxer" rider didn't know we were down there) went over and talked about bikes and different things done to ours for a good 2 hours. It was much more fun than just getting hammered and passing the fuck out.

I gotta say, yesterday was just a good riding day.

Saw a guy who i thought was having trouble down the road, so i rode up and stoped. turned out he was just adjusting the throttle, he was named stan and rode a Ducati 900 (1993 i think).he ended up being the head tech at a local ducati shop i like to go to every now and then and he races vintage sprint races down at mid ohio. Said they were putting a TD together up at a smaller track near me and i'm gonna try to get involved with that. Real cool guy, gave him a TWfix card, really hope he shows up.

Then at around 9:30 before i went home to go out drinking i was eating a banana and some iced tea at the gas station, and some helmetless sweatshirt wearing squid rolls up and asks if his pressure is low, as he proceeds to squeeze his tire like thats gonna help. I get out my digital pressure guage and check the pressure, telling him that he'll be fine anywhere around 35. His tire was at fucking 10 lbs, WOW. So i gave him some quarters and my guage and told him to go put some air in em, and to check the rear as well. Oh, btw, he was on a gixxah. His buddy was wearing a cheap helmet w/ an icon leather jacket, so im wondering why sweatshirt guy has nothing but some gay looking riding glasses. Anyways, talk for a short while, and throw out some TWfix cards their way and tell them to join up.