Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 03-21-2009, 07:28 PM   #1
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage
Default Fatal Columbus accident

Quote:
Kenneth W. Adams, 25, was identified yesterday as the motorcyclist who died Tuesday night in a crash at a northwest side intersection.

Police said Adams was riding a 2003 Yamaha when he collided with a car who was turning left. Pieces of metal and plastic littered the intersection of Henderson Road and Winterset Drive just after 11 p.m.

John Tarini witnessed the fatal accident from his vehicle while waiting at a stop light. Tarini told NBC 4, “(The) lady coming westbound on Henderson was taking a left onto Winterset and this motorcycle just came out of nowhere”. Adams and another motorcyclist were traveling "100 mph at least." He said one of the motorcyclists managed to veer around the car. The female, Joanne Orr, 70, was being treated at the scene for minor injuries. Adams, of the Northwest Side, was pronounced dead at 9:37 p.m. by paramedics from nearby Upper Arlington.

Tarini says it looked as if the two motorcycles were racing. “He was flying. I mean, there’s no skid marks on the road or anything…he never even stopped.”

It is unclear who is at fault or if anyone will be cited in the accident. Officials on the scene confirmed there were two motorcycles on the road at the time, but whether they were racing or even riding together is unclear.

The Columbus Police Accident Investigation Squad continues to investigate the collision.

My friend told me about this accident the other day, but we didnt know any info. Unfortunatly, I had the pleasure of serving the rider's best friend and best friend's fiance at work the next day. The best friend needed a suit for the funeral. It was a rough 2 hours . From what I heard from the friend he wasn't a squid at all. He wore all his gear, and always helped new riders learn. Now that I read the news story, i dont know what to think. The woman made the dreaded left turn..... but if he really was riding at a hightened speed on freakin Henderson Road then it was his fault.....

RIP.....
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 08:04 PM   #2
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

RIP...Such a Shame
Old 03-21-2009, 11:26 PM   #3
njchopper87
Bored

Moto: '01 Spirit 750